iWeb Photo page

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I recently bought a Mac and am enjoying the feature of iWeb, specifically creating my own website so that my friends and family out of state can be kept up to date on my growing children. I like to add new pictures of my kids all the time, but I don't want to keep making new photo pages. Is there a way to make 1 photo page and add links to different albums that I make??? Does that question make sense? Ultimately, I would like to have 1 photo page. I would like to be able to go to the photo tab and have a series of thumbnails for different albums (Liam's first day at school, Lexi's gymnastics, etc.). I would like to be able to click on a thumbnail to open a series of pictures for that category. Is that possible??? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Are you using .Mac?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yes, you can do that but it takes a little bit of work. You have to create a page that you add images to, make those images links, then use the inspector to hide all of your individual photo pages from showing up in the links at the top.

I'm desperately waiting for iWeb 2. I have a feeling a lot of the stuff I DON'T like about iWeb -- such as the inability to make a photos menu page -- will be fixed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    badabadbadabad Posts: 1member
    Hi there. I'm not sure if this is a good site or not but I was told it was very unprofessional. It's my first website design and I'm not sure if it's good enough to put on our business cards. Why does my navigation menu always reload slow? I would appreciate any feedback, comments and critisism as I really want this site to be good.

http://web.mac.com/abadabad/iWeb/studiodelavida%20XXX
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ckirby View Post

I recently bought a Mac and am enjoying the feature of iWeb, specifically creating my own website so that my friends and family out of state can be kept up to date on my growing children. I like to add new pictures of my kids all the time, but I don't want to keep making new photo pages. Is there a way to make 1 photo page and add links to different albums that I make??? Does that question make sense? Ultimately, I would like to have 1 photo page. I would like to be able to go to the photo tab and have a series of thumbnails for different albums (Liam's first day at school, Lexi's gymnastics, etc.). I would like to be able to click on a thumbnail to open a series of pictures for that category. Is that possible??? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Actually, I liked the old .Mac photo pages better than what's available with iWeb.

I agree that iWeb 2.0 will probably improve things; but actually there are better options already available.

I'd suggest getting a free or even Pro membership with Flickr.com and use it to share your pics.

It's easy to use; you can ad captions; you can make the pictures private or public and the best thing is you have an online backup of all your pics that you upload.

I just signed up with flickr a couple weeks ago and wish I had done so many, many months ago.