My controversial idea for Apple's new OS UI in Leopard.

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 72
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

Personally, I like the black idea. Take a look at a screen shot of my desktop.

For those that care. I use MenuShade to auto-hide or dim the menu bar.

EMO!

jk.

I just stick with the Tiger Aqua desktop.
  • Reply 62 of 72
    Also, remember the rumored name, "Illumines" (SP?), which I believe hinted at such things when you do search, they will become "illuminated "...which could also refer to a darker, possibly black, UI. But Do I think it ALL will be black? By heavens no! Apple should know that Black is a horrible color to base it's entire OS on.
  • Reply 63 of 72
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Personally, I like the black idea. Take a look at a screen shot of my desktop.

For those that care. I use MenuShade to auto-hide or dim the menu bar.

your dock makes me want to stab myself. especially with QS in your dock and *not running.*
  • Reply 64 of 72
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmber View Post

your dock makes me want to stab myself. especially with QS in your dock and *not running.*

You need help, you would stab yourself over that.
  • Reply 65 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You need help, you would stab yourself over that.

i'm not going to. it just makes me *want* to. subtle difference...
  • Reply 66 of 72
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

i'm not going to. it just makes me *want* to. subtle difference...

First it is running. I was having some permissions issues when I snapped that shot and was deleting out the application support folder and making a new one. Second, it doesn't stay in my dock. I have it run automagically on log in and run in the menu bar.

So drop that knife, like fast, because it is all good here in black mac land. Funny enough, I hate the black physical colored Macs themeselves. White looks so good. But black is easier on my eyes and it really freeks people out when I hide my dock, like 90% of the time at work minus photoshop work.
  • Reply 67 of 72
    Quote:

First it is running. I was having some permissions issues when I snapped that shot and was deleting out the application support folder and making a new one. Second, it doesn't stay in my dock. I have it run automagically on log in and run in the menu bar.

So drop that knife, like fast, because it is all good here in black mac land. Funny enough, I hate the black physical colored Macs themeselves. White looks so good. But black is easier on my eyes and it really freeks people out when I hide my dock, like 90% of the time at work minus photoshop work.

phew
  • Reply 68 of 72
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

phew

No blood then.
  • Reply 69 of 72
    To everyone who would add all sorts of UI-customizing options to OS X: do you not remember Hot Dog Stand? Do you not?

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000341.html

People don't know what they want. You have to throw the Mac's elegance at them until they get it.
  • Reply 70 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macintosh_Next View Post

Actually, that can really screw up your computer. And if someone only wants a color change for the menu bar, then that should be built into Apple OS X. At least, I think so.

How can ShapeShifter really screw up one's computer? I've had it since 10.4.5 and have gone through every update flawlessly. Sure, an update will cause you to have to re-apply the shapeshifter theme but that's never caused me to be upset. I use almost every one of Unsanity's products and love them including MightyMouse, LabelsX and WindowShade.

Here is a picture of my desktop:

And, yes, I'm a dork and I love the History Channel.
  • Reply 71 of 72
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jtrwallace View Post

How can ShapeShifter really screw up one's computer?

It's been know to slow down the computer and cause instability. If the latest version works well then that's great but it should still be built into the system. Apple's motto is Thnk Different but there's no better way to stifle creativity than have everyone use the same desktop theme for nearly a decade (I know it's not quite a decade but I think the statement has more effect that way).
  • Reply 72 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It's been know to slow down the computer and cause instability. If the latest version works well then that's great but it should still be built into the system. Apple's motto is Thnk Different but there's no better way to stifle creativity than have everyone use the same desktop theme for nearly a decade (I know it's not quite a decade but I think the statement has more effect that way).

Exactly.