Which blogging site should I pick?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Im currently in a gridlock between three blogging websites. LiveJournal, Blogger, and Windows Live Spaces. Blogger, and Windows Live Spaces attract me the most, but LJ is the one Im most familiar with. What do you guys think. Im basically gonna use this to publish my thoughts on politics, religion, and life in general. and I want them to be there till the end of time, or when I delete it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I use Blogger and am pretty happy with it. Their options for posting pictures and formatting stuff are WAY better than LiveJournal. Also, watch out for LJ if you want readers to have a good RSS feed. No experience with Windows Live Spaces, sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I use Blogger and am pretty happy with it. Their options for posting pictures and formatting stuff are WAY better than LiveJournal. Also, watch out for LJ if you want readers to have a good RSS feed. No experience with Windows Live Spaces, sorry.

Yeah the part I like about Windows live spaces is that you can put songs from Windows Media Player, and use the TweakUI tool they have and customize your page, some pretty cool stuff.

I think Im gonna give WLS a try, and if I dont like it I'll go over to blogger.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Blogger and Lj are pretty popular although I come across that I read more Lj pages than Blogger. On the other hand, my friend told me that Windows Live Spaces needs some sort of update.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    yeah Im using Windows live spaces now, its pretty cool in terms of customizability, its more like a myspace than anything. I'll give it some more time, but so far is okay.

EDIT: WLS is crap, its a myspace rip off. Im at blogger now, MUCH BETTER!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I used blogger for a while and liked it. I hosted both at blogger and my own campus site. Then the campus blocked blogger and it was too much trouble to keep the blog up.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    If you use blogger is there a way to "dump" it in way so that you can save it or back it up. For example if my campus puts in it's own blog software I want to be able to convert it over from blogger.