Tickle IQ Ad Driving Me Mad!

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hi, am I the only one, but there's always this Tickle IQ Ad thing, I always see CPU leakage from Firefox, then I hit F9, and the ad is always the culprit!

I'm fine for ads in AppleInsider (do what ya gotta do), but please for the love of gawd no pop-ups and pop-unders... We PC and Mac users have to put everybit of RAM and CPU to good use...! Like BitTorrent

I can't remember to keep checking for pop-unders when using Firefox

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Hi, am I the only one, but there's always this Tickle IQ Ad thing, I always see CPU leakage from Firefox, then I hit F9, and the ad is always the culprit!

I'm fine for ads in AppleInsider (do what ya gotta do), but please for the love of gawd no pop-ups and pop-unders... We PC and Mac users have to put everybit of RAM and CPU to good use...! Like BitTorrent

I can't remember to keep checking for pop-unders when using Firefox

Switch to Safari! It blocks ads that Firefox can't. I've never had a problem with those here until I started using Firefox.

Unless you're still stuck on your PC, in which, well, sorry :P
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Switch to Safari! It blocks ads that Firefox can't. I've never had a problem with those here until I started using Firefox.

Unless you're still stuck on your PC, in which, well, sorry :P

Thanks for tip. No, my MacBook is chugging along excellently.

My AMD64 PC rig and Sony 17" is sitting quietly at the moment.

I've come to that crazy last part of NFS:Most Wanted where you have the BMW, HeatLevel6, and have to jump the bridge and all that. So, too intense and beyond my current hand-eye-adrenaline status. ...Also GhostRecon: AW is cool and all that, but I am wondering about what games next, and if I have time to play with games, or play with my Mac and play with DVD Ripping and stuff.

OK, it's Safari then for AppleInsidah.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

...Back to Safari now...