Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

NAB:

Highly likely:

-Final Cut Studio 6

-Final Cut Express (update)

Moderately likely:

-Mac Pro + BluRay

-Mac Pro + New extreme graphics card (Nvidia?)

Somewhat likely:

-MacBook Pro (+ BluRay?)

No:

-Cinema Display (If it ain't broken, don't fix it; recent price drops)

-MacBook

Really No:

-Leopard

-iPhone

-Zebra striped "Steve-Jobs-style" turtleneck

I really do hope you're right about the Mac Pros!

The Zebra striped turtleneck was hilarious!
  • Reply 42 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

I'm desperately hoping for some new nVidia card options in the Mac Pros, any speculation as to what cards will be available? Any significant improvement over the current cards (including the X1900) would be awesome.

I agree that they need to step up and really get a current card out there. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Stereo 3D (2 x dual-link DVI) is a decent card, but not the top of the line - which is what the Mac Pro ought to have in it.
  • Reply 43 of 98
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    According to LoopRumors, Steve Jobs is giving the speech at NAB.

They will also have live coverage of the event on their website.
  • Reply 44 of 98
    This is quite a surprise.

See link below for article on this news!

http://looprumors.com/article.php?ap...age,2712181245

This suggests that significant new products will be launched tomorrow as Steve does not usually present at NAB (phil schiller mktg head usually does).

Also, Apple has gone for a much larger booth and as usual this very first one as you enter!

Not many people were expecting Steve to present and with the invite saying: Lights, camera, Apple" and Steve now presenting this could be meaningful!
  • Reply 45 of 98
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Obviously, if the rumor is true it will be another major announcement... I don't think new monitors would require Steve-o presenting.
  • Reply 46 of 98
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Wow looks like 4K is the new acquisition standard to pine for.

Dalsa Evolution.

vs Red ONE

Let the fun begin on Monday!
  • Reply 47 of 98
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Res...are you using one of the latest versions of Logic with Guitar Amp? If so what do you think of GA?

I have Logic Pro 7.2 but I have not fooled around much with Guitar Amp. I'm hoping that the next update to logic will give me a UI that feels more natureal to me (I am just not very happy with Logic right now and I've been thinking about selling it and going with another DAW). I really wish I didn't sell my 16 track recorder -- things were so much easier back when we all used tape. *sigh*
  • Reply 48 of 98
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    I am going to take a more speculative punt.

With the end of Shake development, I'm going to guess that Apple is going to pre-announce its sucessor: A Core-Image based compositing application built on top of Motion.

My guess is that it is going to be called "Action"

C.
  • Reply 49 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

We're fully 64-bit to the core. Now it's time to start building some cool stuff.

what? your mini is 64 bit.. i thought the core(not 2)duos were 32 bit :P

an update to Logic in one form of another would be cool.. a UI update alone might be disapointing, but welcomed the current one is so DRAB IMO.

still holding off for non RAM bottle-necked 8 core PMs ... not that they cant SINGGGG as is but 4 core iMacs would be nice...

hey, its all wishing right!
  • Reply 50 of 98
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Wild Speculation.

Mac Book Pro announcment - shipping in May

Shake successor,

Final Cut Studio 2,

Final Cut Express Upgrade.

Maybe a preview of a few new Leopard Features.
  • Reply 51 of 98
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    i am expecting to wake up in the morning (local time) and be underwhelmed by the annnouncements (software, hardware both). wish i wasn't, but am...
  • Reply 52 of 98
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I predict someone will come in here within two hours yelling "APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!!!!!"
  • Reply 53 of 98
    Sooo. Now I am extreamly disapointed.

In market for a new MBP and it is sooo close to the average update mark (172 of 182) and NAB has come and gone, i am assuming they would have released an update at the special event.

So now what... I can't wait any longer then June because that is when i will be leaving for my isolated work spot.

and obviously june is the next big event to release anything. Do you think they will update it before WWDC or is there any hope of an update.

Obvioyusly no one knows for sure, but what would you do?
  • Reply 54 of 98
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    APPLE STORE WENT DOWN

We're introducing Final Cut server."

11:15am - Scalable from small boutiques to multinational news organizations. Interface works on PC as well. Media asset management: catalogues 100 file types, proxy generation, keyword searching, access controls. Workflow automation: workflow templates, watch and respond system, review and approve tools, automated encode and publish -- "It's an event-based system." [P.S. Apple Store just went down]
  • Reply 55 of 98
    bdj21yabdj21ya Posts: 297member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Watters View Post

Sooo. Now I am extreamly disapointed.

In market for a new MBP and it is sooo close to the average update mark (172 of 182) and NAB has come and gone, i am assuming they would have released an update at the special event.

So now what... I can't wait any longer then June because that is when i will be leaving for my isolated work spot.

and obviously june is the next big event to release anything. Do you think they will update it before WWDC or is there any hope of an update.

Obvioyusly no one knows for sure, but what would you do?

Wow, did you go into the future to get this info? (since NAB event is still going on as I write this, hours after your comment). Time Zones--we didn't evolve with them, and now it's hard to adjust.
  • Reply 56 of 98
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Nice.

Looks like the rumors of an add on accelerator are true.

Apple introduces the IO-HD box($3495) for Prorez 422 encoding.

Realtime SD-HD conversion.

PRO RES 4:2:2 codec

-10 bit 4:2:2

-full raster

-uncompressed project was 1TB, converting to highest quality was 170GB

-bandwidth efficiency, gotta work across a SAN OK

-color space headroom - 4:2:0 converted to 4:2:2

-support for next gen devices

-edit friendly

-translates whatever may come

-SONY - introducing new HDCAM SR system, 1080p60 w/ProRes 4:2:2 will be a good solution according to Sony

-to use that 1080p60 stuff, want it in an edit friendly format - can capture as ProRes 422

-PANASONIC - betting big on AVC Intra, ProRes 422 is an "outstanding post-production format for Panasonic's new genration of AVC-Intra based camcorders"

-RED (FIRST TIME THERE'S APPLAUSE) - VIDEO

Red Video

-edit 4K w/ease & elegance

-2 ways to work w/4K files in FCP

-native Redcode for DI finishes

-ProRes for broadcast work

-can plug 4K footage, plug into laptop, convert to ProRes 422 (!!!!)

-CineAlta cameras - MacBook Pro running Final Cut, how to get F900 into

-NEW HARDWARE - AJA device to get HD-SDI into FW800

-looks like a little G5 w/a handle on it, crapload of ports on the backside

-"I/O HD" hardware

-has ProResHD codec IN THE HARDWARE can move 10b422 ProRes - SD/HD up/down/cross conversion all in hardware

-10"x12"x15" or so guesstimated size based on seeing it

-PRICE? introduced at $3495, available in July
  • Reply 57 of 98
    wally007wally007 Posts: 121member
    It doesnt seem like FC6 or Motion 3 is being introduced .... hummm or am i missing something ?
  • Reply 58 of 98
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Engadget's got the skinny.

Huge FCP update. Aforementioned server, open format timeline, new post format "Apple ProRes 422 (HD files at SD sizes), Smoothcam from Shake integrated, Motion templates and editing integrated, new AJA IO box "edit Red One 4k footage a a MBP".
  • Reply 59 of 98
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    "We're just getting started. Going to turn my attention now to Motion 3 -- this year we're embracing 3D, extended all the familiar tools into cameras, light sources, navigation of 3D space... create the kind of graphics you want to create. We're adding paint. Particles, video, pictures, pen -- speed, pressure sensitivity -- and throw behaviors on the strokes to bring that paint to live. Something shockingly complicated in the past is now easy: match moving."
  • Reply 60 of 98
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Hah, Murch beat me by a mile.

3D and painting for Motion! This is crazy.