Let's see those iWeb sites!

Comments

• Reply 101 of 212
    Here's my iWeb site, I hope you guys like it! http://web.mac.com/ooninay/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I bought iWeb this weekend and will install it this evening. Hopefully I'll have a site to publish soon.

If you've published a site with iWeb, let's see it. I'd love to get ideas from others and see what this app is actually capable of.

I'm most interested in migrating content from a Homepage over to an iWeb site and find out how well it works and how it looks.

• Reply 102 of 212
    Toxotes, that is the freakiest iWeb page I have ever stumbled upon!

I'm loving the family photo's! Are they aware their distorted faces are on the 'Internets' for others amusement!
  • Reply 103 of 212
    Oh, their faces aren't distorted.

It's amazing how much fun Photo Booth is; it's like your own personal Hall of Mirrors. As to whether they knew they'd be on the Internet or not, well, there haven't been many hits... I'm sure this won't go much further...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maybejames View Post

Toxotes, that is the freakiest iWeb page I have ever stumbled upon!

I'm loving the family photo's! Are they aware their distorted faces are on the 'Internets' for others amusement!

• Reply 104 of 212
    I use iWeb so often I can't imagine working without it. Ihave Dreamweaver on my computer. I don't need it. I know a lot of web guys want it to be about their work, I just want to get information out there.

Here is my iWeb intro page, you can't get to all my sites from here, but you can get to four of them.

Welcome

The link at the bottom of the page is on the last few words, Energy Explorations, not on the image, the rest you just click on the images.

One of the things I like most is the ability to set up a blog as part of the site and get feedback.

I have two groups set up on .Mac for two canoe trips we are doing, you won't be able to see them as they are restricted to members of the group, but aslo these are great resources, that include a co-operative slide show, any member of the group can submit photos, if the files get too large, I can delete them. It lets each group member contribute to a private on line forum where they can carry on from where they left off on the last rip with inside jokes, ribbing and stuff, really not appropriate for outside consumption.

As well, my wife has a site set up to show her artwork. It's not very sophisticated, we haven't even integrated it with paypay, but, she's already sold over $500 dollars worth of stuff in a few months, way better than a part time job somewhere.

veestudio

Ok so what do i have set up throough .Mac and iWeb just to review,

4 interest sites, Bruce trail, Summer Camping group, Photography and my Energy pages and blog.

I have two groups, Summer Camping group and Long May Weekend Camping group.

I have two sites devoted two these two camping groups, one with a blog.

I can show you the Long May Weekend Site, you just can't get into the group area.

Long May Weekend Camping Page

I have one site for my wifes art, hosted on another server with her own domain name.

I know the hotshots are going to say they can achieve this level of interation using other software, and have better sites. But, creating websites isn't a profession for me. it's a means to an end. When I first got iWeb I continued to use Dreamweaver for about 6 months. SInce the day I pulled iWeb out of the box, I haven't bothered with anything else. Am I missing something here?
  • Reply 105 of 212
    http://www.boozecrew.co.uk

We use it to keep up to date with friends and events...
  • Reply 106 of 212
    dean812dean812 Posts: 32member
  • Reply 107 of 212
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by normhead View Post

After ages of owning iWeb and having it sit on my shelf I've fiinally started using it.

Click here

Hi Norm. Was that a standard template? Looks pretty good!
  • Reply 108 of 212
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

It is really easy to alter the standard templates. But, the first page is a standard template, I just created images to replace the images in the template and did the same with the text.

After that, every time you create a new text box, it lengthens the page, automaticly.

But it doesn't do that if you add pictures. So to build on the template, you need to add a text box before you bring in a new image. ANd maybe do some kind of commentary beside it.

Apart from that, altering the templates is really easy. You can look at them asa start, but you can make them whatever you want. And if nothing suits you, load the blank page and start from there. Even the blank page gives you a title space and the page box, to place your text an images inside of.
  • Reply 109 of 212
    daibachdaibach Posts: 18member
    Okay, here's my little bit of the interweb

http://www.dai-towell.net
  • Reply 110 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I bought iWeb this weekend and will install it this evening. Hopefully I'll have a site to publish soon.

If you've published a site with iWeb, let's see it. I'd love to get ideas from others and see what this app is actually capable of.

I'm most interested in migrating content from a Homepage over to an iWeb site and find out how well it works and how it looks.

My website is: www.peacefulwaterscabin.com

The website is an advertising site to help promote an investment property my wife and I have put our hearts into over the last two years remodeling. It is a daily rental property that people can rent to experience the North GA mountains. We knew before attempting this adventure that a website will be a CRITICAL part of the success or failure of this investment. Any critics are welcome

It is my very first website creation using any kind of software. I did however use iweb and was overall very impressed. I felt some limitations with options and wish that it would have been easier to make changes to the templates. The great news is that I created it in about 45 minutes and overall feel like it looks pretty good.
  • Reply 111 of 212
    dean812dean812 Posts: 32member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southernlead View Post

My website is: www.peacefulwaterscabin.com

The website is an advertising site to help promote an investment property my wife and I have put our hearts into over the last two years remodeling. It is a daily rental property that people can rent to experience the North GA mountains. We knew before attempting this adventure that a website will be a CRITICAL part of the success or failure of this investment. Any critics are welcome

It is my very first website creation using any kind of software. I did however use iweb and was overall very impressed. I felt some limitations with options and wish that it would have been easier to make changes to the templates. The great news is that I created it in about 45 minutes and overall feel like it looks pretty good.

It does look very nice. I too am amazed at how well iWeb works! What a great iLife product. I can't wait to see what they do with the next version of iWeb. Should be even better!
  • Reply 112 of 212
    Here's mine........

http://mosesontour.com

Thanks for taking a peek.
  • Reply 113 of 212
    newmaqnewmaq Posts: 17member
    brentquebman.com - iweb certainly does make it easy to publish and update multiple websites.

The Good - Very easy to create or use one of the stylish templates available. Simply drag and drop pictures, text and links. Publishing to .mac is very easy and intuitive. My site was up and running within hours and I can make changes and upgrades little by little each night.

Improvements Needed - There are a few technical issues that are less than apple quality. When opening iweb sites on a pc, there are grey boxes that appear around pictures and lettering as the site opens. Looks a little clunky for a Mac application. Linking sites with google webmaster is difficult as the code is hidden. Loading flash into the site not very intuitive. Using keynote I was able to create flash animations but unable to easily load into iweb. Seems like an intuitive interface that allows changes in the code would be appropriate. Hopefully an update will be forth coming. brentquebman.com
  • Reply 114 of 212
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    If you click on the FDHS Yearbook link in my sig, you will see a site created completely in iWeb.
  • Reply 115 of 212
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by playcrackthesky View Post

some one comment on my site!

I like it very much. Someone put a lot of love into that site. It shows.

The red haired girl is very pretty.
  • Reply 116 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

i use .mac and have a homepage. so is iweb worth the price...what does it allow me to do that homepage doesn't and does it make it easier to get a quicktime short video to "my site"? i just post my photo albums right now, not much else, i have only one video clip of my girls singing for christmas. that's the only video that i would consider placing on my homepage etc, since i've had homepage. is it simpler to intergrate stuff....

I am replying to a really old post, but just in case...I use iweb 'o6 and find it great! Here is my site. iweb is so much easier to use than .mac homepage. I definitely recommend it. My only beef is that it doesn't allow flash movies, easy html insertion and ecommerce shopping carts so professionals who use a mac can really be professionals. I know I can add the code through a back door method, but I am looking for ease of use. Until then, it has been a helpful tool for me and I am doing more than just showing a few photos of my family. The site I built is my illustration portfolio for my work.
  • Reply 117 of 212
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    This is a rather stupid question but how can you best host a flash based website. I made one for a HL2 mod but im having trouble getting it online for some reason.

Please feal free to laugh at my question because i already know the solution will be really obvious.
  • Reply 118 of 212
    This seems to be a nice Spanish site www.tilapia.com.mx I'll post mine when its done,cheers.
  • Reply 119 of 212
    axc51axc51 Posts: 98member
    Here's one that I made using iWeb for our puppies Cocoa & Caramel:

The Prancy Poms

I mostly used the original template from iWeb, but then heavily modified it by turning it into php and adding a lot of various scripts in order to make it load the way I wanted it. I noticed that it was easy to design a website using iWeb, but somewhat of a pain to modify it easily later on in another editor (like BBEdit). But it's kind of cool how it handles picture transparencies, etc.

Unfortunately the puppies are napping right now, so they may not be on the webcam at the moment, but they're usually around with the webcam on, so check back later.
  • Reply 120 of 212
    Ok. Here is my site http://www.inuitsculptures.com Enjoy!

It is an online art gallery for Inuit sculptures (eskimo soapstone carvings from canadian Arctic).

I am really happy I came accross iweb. I wish they would have an integrated option to edit HTML code. I had to edit it manually to add e-commerce option.