-access Motion templates directly w/in FCP

-can access templates in timeline in fCP

-can change instances to edit the master - IS LIKE STYLE SHEETS

-Motion is more integrated, and is a part of, Final Cut Pro

DEMO:

-Open format timeline, Paul demoing

-drag a file to timeline, FCP can set timeline to match

-22 MB/sec for 1080p24 4:2:2 ProRes

-if you drag a DVCPRO HD to timeline that is 1920x1080, it'll scale and aspect ratio correct on the fly to make it right

-mixing uncompressed w/ProRes to DVCPRO with a realtime effect, UNCOMPRESSED 10 BIT with realtime effects

-have interlaced DV footage, drop on timeline that is progressive, it just figures it all out

-could always send video to Motion, now can bring graphics to you - add templates from Motion are in FCP, can Superimpose, Overwrite, or Insert

-opens in Viewer to edit the text in FCP

-(has an orange render bar)

-unrendered Motion Template over 10b uncompressed video, plays...but w/low frame rate

-when change a template, ripples through EVERYWHERE you used that template - style sheets!

-FXPlug stuff - drop a plugin onto timeline, GPU realtime stuff

-plays back in pretty damn real time

-ProRes vs. Uncompressed video (using DCI StEM footage) - has split screen, plas it fullscreen

-the sample they are showing us, that I don't see a difference in, is TENTH generation - they've encoded and reincoded

Wow
  • Reply 62 of 98
    wally007wally007 Posts: 121member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Hah, Murch beat me by a mile.

3D and painting for Motion! This is crazy.

what is final cut server gonna be for ? If i'm just one man shop , that is.... thanks for response.
  • Reply 63 of 98
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wally007 View Post

what is final cut server gonna be for ? If i'm just one man shop , that is.... thanks for response.

You won't need it in a one man shop but the minute you start adding more editors you'll need FCSvr.

Soundtrack Pro

SOUNDTRACK PRO - marriange between picture and audio

-3-up video HUD for placing clips (of audio)

-precisely align

-

Advanced Take Management for dialog replacement

-bring in multiple tracks and composite multiple track out of portions that work for you, take the composite down the road, and be able to dive back in and change the settings of that comosite

-surround sound embraced at core

-surround mixing

-single project for 5.1 an dstereo

-intuitive panner w/automation

surround sound plugins

-library of over 1000 music tracks and sound effects in 5.1

-good panning tools for speaker to speaker controlled by mouse in realtime as you do it

CONFORM:

-sync changes between picture and sound

-see diffferences highlighted in the grpahical view

audition, then accept or override changes

-if the edit changes for picture, can go through changes to accept or reject, or just let it work to move all the stuff where it is supposed to go

Soundtrack Pro 2 Demo
  • Reply 64 of 98
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Murch,

Any predictions about what's going to come with DVD Studio Pro?
  • Reply 65 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Murch,

Any predictions about what going to come with DVD Studio Pro?

I dont know but they're offloading alot of stuff to GPU.. motion and now Final cut pro as well... they better introduce 8800Nvidia or annouce when they'll ship r600 Ati. No way in hell i'm paying close to $300 for 1900XT.
  • Reply 66 of 98
    Quote:

Murch,

Any predictions about what going to come with DVD Studio Pro?

I think most of us want enhanced HD authoring support. HD DVD and HDi and Blu-ray and BD-Java.

Motion looks like it's exactly what people have been asking for. Soundtrack Pro 2 is going to make those waiting for the next Logic Pro sick. I can "hear" them breathing right now.
  • Reply 67 of 98
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'm surprised the FCP Studio team had any time to help out with Aperture. Looks like they've been just straight up kicking ass.
  • Reply 68 of 98
    Looks like Compressor gets its share of giant Studio 2 lovin'......
  • Reply 69 of 98
    Quote:

whats new ? Hopefully it'll be able to use 4 - 8 core to the max.
  • Reply 70 of 98
    Quote:

whats new ? Hopefully it'll be able to use 4 - 8 core to the max.

3x speed-up with 8 core (that's between Compressor 2 and 3, both on an 8 core, so definitely some improved MP action).
  • Reply 71 of 98
    Quote:

3x speed-up with 8 core.

Nice , so that means its finally multithreaded , right ?
  • Reply 72 of 98
    Quote:

3x faster. Thank God. Many will love C3 for this alone.

Quote:

It's now a major marquee member of the Final Pro suite. It's industrial strength." It now features simplified cluster setup, extended to MPEG-2, H.264, Telestream Episode Pro plug-in with VC-1, WMV, FLV... dynamic filters with timecode overlays, animated motion watermarks.

With a Mac Pro 8-core with this sample it will take us 16:45 in Compressor 2. In Compressor 3 it's down almost 3x to 6:02. I've encoded a 10 minute clip in less than ten minutes. Compressor 3 demo time.

VC-1 is there. I'm betting on full MUCH improved HD DVD and Blu-ray support
  • Reply 73 of 98
    Quote:

Nice , so that means its finally multithreaded , right ?

(From the engadget feed): "Easy to spread multiple threads across as many processor cores as you want -- demo shows octo-core encoding jump to 100% across all eight cores. Shows live bookmarks in video, publishing to iTunes. All done!"

That would be yes. Screen shot shows drop down list for choosing number of cores.
  • Reply 74 of 98
    Still $1299. $499 upgrade from previous Studio, $699 from any version of FCP. Available next month.

Any version to the beginning. If you can get your hands on a copy of FCP 1 you can get the new hotness for $699. Pretty sweet.
  • Reply 75 of 98
    Can somebody please tell Engadget that in the future, updates should be at the top of the page?
  • Reply 76 of 98
    Quote:

Can somebody please tell Engadget that in the future, updates should be at the top of the page?

For real.
  • Reply 77 of 98
    New app: Color. Real time color grading.

"It's designed to be a natural extention of FCP. Same UI for 3-way color correction with RGB and luma curves, lift, gamma, gain, visualization of color in 3D space. Mattes from chroma, luma, saturation, custom vignettes, hue and saturation curves. Color effects -- string them together with a node tree. And Geometry. Bring all four of these things together and get what you want: a signature look."
  • Reply 78 of 98
    MacWorld: "Apple will not release an update for DVD Studio Pro"
  • Reply 79 of 98
    Quote:

Still $1299. $499 upgrade from previous Studio, $699 from any version of FCP. Available next month.

Any version to the beginning. If you can get your hands on a copy of FCP 1 you can get the new hotness for $699. Pretty sweet.

I think it's clear that DVD Studio Pro 5 is going to be a seperate program. This makes sense. I don't think Apple can add HD DVD and Blu-ray support without losing their shirt. I think DVD SP 5 will have optional parts. Like Dolby TrueHD encoding and DTS HD MA encoding.

It's only fair that they seperate the program for those people who "just" need authoring.

I wonder if Cinema Tools is still in FCP6 and LiveType. I'm sure they are...there's simply not enough time to cover every single features IMO.

NICE upgrade. $3495 sounds expensive but I'll guarantee you that there will be plenty of buyers. RED support! 4k support!!

I'm amazed. I think things improve even more with Leopard. Apple doesn't want to talk about Leopard only features but there will be many IMO.
  • Reply 80 of 98
    Quote:

MacWorld: "Apple will not release an update for DVD Studio Pro"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm could be Leopard only due to HDCP issues. I'm glad Apple is shipping FCS2 in July but I think the "fun" starts with Leopard quite honestly.