QT6

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
can anyone get a copy? I mean has anyone been hotlined a copy yet? Would it even work if you did?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Good things come to those who wait.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I found itt on Carracho. I didn't download it though, as it's not released to the public yet. No real poit on going to 6 if 5 works fine and is compatible with a great many of the modern forms of video and audio.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>I found itt on Carracho. I didn't download it though, as it's not released to the public yet. No real poit on going to 6 if 5 works fine and is compatible with a great many of the modern forms of video and audio.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you remember the name of the server you found it on?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Did you email the licensing body that's giving Apple a hard time? That's the best way to speed up QT6.

Hotline is always nice too!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Yeah I sent them a letter basically agreeing with everyone else by saying if they make it free, more content creators will use it (including myself). I hope everyone is doing their little part to put pressure on these people. If we want QT6 soon we all have to whine and complain in our loudest voice.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    If you do get a copy of QT6, PLEASE let us know if there's a better version of the QuickTime Player.app!! This version sucks in more ways I can begin to count.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    After watching the rebroadcast of the keynote, I think Schiller said that they were ready to distribute a PUBLIC PREVIEW of QT 6 player.

The press release mentions a new way to acess favorites. Did I miss the new favorites UI in the player during the keynote or did they not show it?

[added "public"]

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>