4 Days - NAB predictions.

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 98
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I think it's clear that DVD Studio Pro 5 is going to be a seperate program. This makes sense. I don't think Apple can add HD DVD and Blu-ray support without losing their shirt. I think DVD SP 5 will have optional parts. Like Dolby TrueHD encoding and DTS HD MA encoding.

It's only fair that they seperate the program for those people who "just" need authoring.

I wonder if Cinema Tools is still in FCP6 and LiveType. I'm sure they are...there's simply not enough time to cover every single features IMO.

NICE upgrade. $3495 sounds expensive but I'll guarantee you that there will be plenty of buyers. RED support! 4k support!!

I'm amazed. I think things improve even more with Leopard. Apple doesn't want to talk about Leopard only features but there will be many IMO.

Really, if this stuff all works as advertised it's pretty overwhelming. Like 3 years of updates in one fell swoop.
  • Reply 82 of 98
    Apple store's back up. No new hardware. Which means we're in the wrong forum.
  • Reply 83 of 98
    From the Apple store, Color is included in the Studio package, as well as DVD Studio Pro 4.

So yeah, DSP 5 probably a Leopard thing.
  • Reply 84 of 98
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    The pricing of the suite itself isn't really the point.

This thing is built to sell the Octo-cores by the truckload.
  • Reply 85 of 98
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

From the Apple store, Color is included in the Studio package, as well as DVD Studio Pro 4.

So yeah, DSP 5 probably a Leopard thing.

Holy Shite!

Do people realize they just got a $5000 color grading system for free???
  • Reply 86 of 98
    csi95csi95 Posts: 38member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Apple store's back up. No new hardware.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I just know that the second I buy that new MacBook Pro, there will be an update 16 days later (just past the return grace period).
  • Reply 87 of 98
    Cost of Final Cut Studio, allowing you to make a multimillion dollar Hollywood movie: US$1299.

Cost of Adobe Design Premium package, allowing you to design a printed magazine: US$1799.

All of a sudden, I'm jumping on the "Apple should buy Adobe" bandwagon.
  • Reply 88 of 98
    Quote:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I just know that the second I buy that new MacBook Pro, there will be an update 16 days later (just past the return grace period).

I am exactly in the same boat. Do you plan on waiting for WWDC or buying it before hand?
  • Reply 89 of 98
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Watters View Post

I am exactly in the same boat. Do you plan on waiting for WWDC or buying it before hand?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by csi95 View Post

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Did either of you really think that a MacBook Pro update would come before Intel releases Santa Rosa????

• Reply 90 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Watters View Post

I bit the bullet and ordered from Amazon last night. My new MacBook Pro will be here on Wednesday.

That practically assures that Apple will release new machines 3 weeks from today...

I've been waiting since December. First it was "Damn. MWSF is just a few days away. I'll wait." Nothing. Then it was the long wait for Leopard. Nothing. Then it was a wait for NAB. Nothing. Now it's been 5 months. Enough waiting.
  • Reply 91 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

Did either of you really think that a MacBook Pro update would come before Intel releases Santa Rosa????

Doesn't matter. Apple has clearly demonstrated that they're not about to release a new PC the same day Intel releases the chips. Look how long it took for a quad core to appear in the Mac Pro -- 5 months.

You could wait forever. There will always be something new on the horizon. The current MacBook Pro is a great machine. It won't get eclipsed any times soon.

The only possible add-on I'd care about is a Blu-Ray burner. I won't pay $500 for it, however, so it's a moot point. That can be a 3rd party upgrade for me a year from now.
  • Reply 92 of 98
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    Quote:

Doesn't matter. Apple has clearly demonstrated that they're not about to release a new PC the same day Intel releases the chips. Look how long it took for a quad core to appear in the Mac Pro -- 5 months.

You could wait forever. There will always be something new on the horizon. The current MacBook Pro is a great machine. It won't get eclipsed any times soon.

The only possible add-on I'd care about is a Blu-Ray burner. I won't pay $500 for it, however, so it's a moot point. That can be a 3rd party upgrade for me a year from now.

I agree that Intel's release date and Apple's release date may be months apart, I just was curious what kind of an update you were expecting from Apple in the absence of an update from Intel?

As for your Blu-Ray drive, I don't see the prices on those coming down for at least another year.
  • Reply 93 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

I just was curious what kind of an update you were expecting from Apple in the absence of an update from Intel?

I don't really follow Intel releases very closely, so I was curious if we'd see a small bump in Ghz perhaps.

I've also heard horror stories about batteries and overheating. Maybe those issues have already been resolved, however.

Overall I think the MacBook Pro is a great machine as it is today, which is why I went ahead and ordered it.
  • Reply 94 of 98
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Cost of Final Cut Studio, allowing you to make a multimillion dollar Hollywood movie: US$1299.

Cost of Adobe Design Premium package, allowing you to design a printed magazine: US$1799.

All of a sudden, I'm jumping on the "Apple should buy Adobe" bandwagon.

Although I get your point, there is no comparison. One cannot make a multi-million dollar movie all by oneself, not even Robert Rodriguez. He does a lot, but he has a large support team as well. The post-production tools are getting faster+cheaper+better, but the costs to acquire footage (even with less expensive image capture technology) and subject matter worth watching (actors, creative/interesting animation, etc.) will remain high, because the bar that we get used to is always moving higher.
  • Reply 95 of 98
    I was being a bit sarcastic, but I think you missed my point.

Final Cut Studio should be the more difficult application suite to build, by a large margin.

Apple has also spent multiple millions purchasing outside technologies for the suite.

Nevertheless, the Adobe toolkit is five hundred dollars more expensive.

The only big difference here is that Apple is in a competitive market, Adobe is not.

That five hundred dollars is a Monopoly tax, plain and simple.
  • Reply 96 of 98
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

The only big difference here is that Apple is in a competitive market, Adobe is not.

That five hundred dollars is a monopoly tax, plain and simple.

I understand your point of view, but I disagree. Apple and Adobe have products that compete in niche markets, and the barriers to competition their niche markets are the same as the barriers to competition in any market.

Also, there is an old saying that goes something like this... It's only a competition if you're doing the same thing...Meaning that if the 'other guy' does something more innovative or thinks about solving the problem in a completely different way, then there really is no competition.... which is how Adobe manages to stay on top of their game, same as Apple.
  • Reply 97 of 98
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    I'm as happy as a pig wallowing - I tell ya this is great !

Just ordered an upgrade for my g card - X1900 on the way.

This upgrade to fc studio 2 is a bargain and exceeds what I had hoped for.

Onya Apple !

edit: oh Frank - hell I'm damn sure Chizens knows he's in a competitive market.

Motion 3 just rang that bell loud and clear.

Watch for next release of Aperture - integrated into the video/fcp Studio workflow ? You betcha !
  • Reply 98 of 98
    Quote:

I bit the bullet and ordered from Amazon last night. My new MacBook Pro will be here on Wednesday.

That practically assures that Apple will release new machines 3 weeks from today...

I've been waiting since December. First it was "Damn. MWSF is just a few days away. I'll wait." Nothing. Then it was the long wait for Leopard. Nothing. Then it was a wait for NAB. Nothing. Now it's been 5 months. Enough waiting.

Well thank you. lol now all i need to do is wait 3 more week's and i am set