2 mice on one computer

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know of a good program for OSX that would allow for 2 mice to be used on the same computer. Currently, if 2 mice are plugged in they battle for control of the cursor. I would like a program that would create a second independant cursor. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

Does anyone know of a good program for OSX that would allow for 2 mice to be used on the same computer. Currently, if 2 mice are plugged in they battle for control of the cursor. I would like a program that would create a second independant cursor. Any suggestions would be helpful.

What purpose would this serve? Can your eyes independently focus on 2 cursors at once? Or did you have the idea of 2 people working on one mac with 2 displays, or something (in which case, only one window would be active at a time anyway in OSX...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Some applications have seperate windows with different view points. They may also dieplay the same viewpoint all on one monitor. I would need this for having multiple people editing the same object at the same time. I know programs like this exist but i dont know where to get them.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    If you were working to each other on the canvas it would get very confusing...then you'd need different colored pointers? Perhaps then even have their own keyboards?

I remember plugging my mouse into the person's keyboard to my right..and moving the cursor just ever so slightly... Aways fun.