Adobe ships Creative Suite 3.0 Design and Web bundles, apps

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Adobe said Monday that it has begun shipping Creative Suite 3 Design Premium and Standard editions and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium and Standard editions.



Also available for purchase beginning Monday are new versions of the following stand alone Adobe creative applications: Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended, Adobe InDesign CS3, Adobe Illustrator CS3, Adobe Flash CS3 Professional, Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, Adobe Fireworks CS3, and Adobe Contribute CS3.



The new Adobe CS3 applications and Adobe Creative Suite 3 editions are available as Universal applications for both PowerPC and Intel-based Macs and support both Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista. Adobe said customers should experience increased levels of performance and speed running Creative Suite 3 natively on Intel-based Macintosh systems and the latest Windows hardware.



The expanded Creative Suite 3 family also includes Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, a complete integrated post-production solution for video and rich media professionals, and Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection, which combines all of Adobe's new CS3 design and development applications in a single box. Both of those Creative Suite editions are expected to ship in the third quarter of 2007.



Fully Integrated Design Toolkit Powers Creativity



Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium delivers an essential, highly-efficient toolkit for print, web, interactive, and mobile design. The software integrates new releases of InDesign CS3, Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, Flash CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver CS3, and Acrobat 8 Professional for creating publications, websites, rich interactive experiences, and engaging content. Also available today is Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Standard software for designers and print service providers focusing on professional design and print production.



With Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium, users can experiment with, save, and apply color combinations quickly and intuitively using the new Live Color feature in Illustrator; perform image editing tasks such as selecting image areas, compositing images, and applying filters faster and more flexibly with Photoshop CS3 Extended; master Flash more easily thanks to its new Adobe-standard user interface; and repurpose print content on the web by exporting InDesign CS3 documents as XHTML and the modifying them in Dreamweaver CS3 using CSS.



Innovative Web Design and Development Tools Maximize Productivity



Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium edition is a comprehensive suite that combines the essential tools for web and interactive design and development including the new versions of Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, Adobe Flash CS3 Professional, Adobe Fireworks CS3, Adobe Contribute CS3 - along with major releases of key design tools such as Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended, Adobe Illustrator CS3, and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Standard edition is also available today to serve the professional designer and developer focused on design, development, and website maintenance.



Loaded with new and innovative features, Creative Suite 3 Web editions offer users faster, more productive workflows across the applications. Now, for the first time, web professionals can import native Photoshop and Illustrator files directly into Flash and Fireworks with full fidelity. Users can also create consistent experiences across all browsers, operating systems, and a range of mobile and handheld devices with the new Spry Framework for AJAX, a pre-built, cross-browser compatible library of widgets and effects that make it faster and easier to build rich, interactive websites. Fireworks CS3 boasts new workflows for rapidly prototyping RIA layouts for websites and web applications, intelligent Photoshop and Illustrator integration, and a library of common and customizable graphics assets.



New and Enhanced Integration Technologies Boost Performance



Both the Creative Suite 3 Design and Web editions include Adobe Device Central CS3, designed to boost the productivity of creative professionals developing content for mobile handsets with essential tools to design, emulate and test content across a wide range of mobile device and handheld frameworks. These editions also incorporate an updated version of Adobe Bridge CS3, the hub of Adobe Creative Suite, which provides instant access to Version Cue CS3, Acrobat Connect and an expanded Adobe Stock Photos service.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 22
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,841member
    Maybe we could make this thread the bug list also?
  • Reply 2 of 22
    amac4meamac4me Posts: 282member
    Glad to see Adobe finally ship these. Many Mac users and switchers have eagerly waited for Intel native versions.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amac4me View Post


    Glad to see Adobe finally ship these. Many Mac users and switchers have eagerly waited for Intel native versions.







    Any word on Director MX 2004 getting an update?
  • Reply 4 of 22
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,780member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    Maybe we could make this thread the bug list also?



    Absolutely. I want to see CS3 in the wild for at least a month before I consider upgrading.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,841member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post


    Absolutely. I want to see CS3 in the wild for at least a month before I consider upgrading.



    I never even bought CS2 because of all the negative reviews. I've been doing fine without it... but I am intrigued with CS3.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,274member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M.O.S.T View Post


    Any word on Director MX 2004 getting an update?



    I'm somewhat worryed about Director. It's such a great app for creating quite complex project really easily. The second Adobe took over Macromedia I got worried they'd cut Director out and push for Flash. Let's hope they have something great in line for Director. It's a great app, but it's in desperate need of a HUGE update. Especially the Mac version. Adobe likely prioritized the CS3 apps first. Now that they're out perhaps they can release some man power to work on Director.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Woohoo! You know what this means! Leopard is available! I know this because all the rumor sites were saying that Adobe was waiting for Leopard and it would be available at the same time.



    So forget those persistent rumors of OS X delays. I'm getting mine tonight!
  • Reply 8 of 22
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M.O.S.T View Post


    Any word on Director MX 2004 getting an update?



    Yes Adobe announced in an interview last year that Director WILL continue, with the next new version (Intel-native and Vista-friendly) expected this year:



    http://www.digitalproducer.com/artic...e.jsp?id=53027



    That said, Tom Higgins (Product Manager for Director and Shockwave) no longer works for Macromedia. That doesn't mean Adobe's plans have changed, but it raises a bit of doubt.



    PS, My local Apple Store expects to have CS3 on shelves very soon. All versions, all upgrade paths. So I think I'll save some packaging and buy locally instead of taking Amazon's measly $5 discount!
  • Reply 9 of 22
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Well, back then Macromeda was neglecting Director too. It's just...older technology. Lingo is just not very well thought out, the library/asset management is not very nice, the whole workflow is a bit dated. It wasnt made to run on the web, they hacked in these features somewhere along the line...and you can see it when loading Shockwave apps...slower...less "sturdy"...



    Nowadays you can buy "plugins" for Flash that bring some of the dekstop features Director has.

    Real 3d engines are popping up for Flash. it's a matter of time Director is obsolete.

    No let me rephrase: Director has become obsolete.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post


    I'm somewhat worryed about Director. It's such a great app for creating quite complex project really easily. The second Adobe took over Macromedia I got worried they'd cut Director out and push for Flash. Let's hope they have something great in line for Director. It's a great app, but it's in desperate need of a HUGE update. Especially the Mac version. Adobe likely prioritized the CS3 apps first. Now that they're out perhaps they can release some man power to work on Director.



  • Reply 10 of 22
    jidojido Posts: 102member
    That looks nice.



    And, erm... What about Photoshop Elements?



    I know all you professionals are having a great time now with these new releases, but what I am really waiting for is a Intel-native, innovative upgrade to PSE2 that I am using now.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,780member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post


    My local Apple Store expects to have CS3 on shelves very soon. All versions, all upgrade paths. So I think I'll save some packaging and buy locally instead of taking Amazon's measly $5 discount!



    That's interesting. Stocking all versions is going to take significant shelf space.



    I still haven't made up my mind on what I'm going to do.



    I was mainly satisfied with the older apps, and never upgraded to CS1 or CS2.

    I will also wait to see what happens with GoLive. So I don't need the Premium version.



    Upgrading to the Design Standard from Photoshop costs US$899.

    Upgrading the Apps individually would cost US$599. ($199.95 each for ID, PS and AI)



    I don't need the full version of Acrobat. So the question is, would the Adobe Bridge/Version Cue program (which I've never used) justify the extra cost?
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M.O.S.T View Post


    Any word on Director MX 2004 getting an update?



    Director is on life support.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    superbasssuperbass Posts: 688member
    Wow, it's shipping only 3.5 weeks after it became available illegally on BitTorrent.



    Any word on what the copy protection is? Simple serial? It always feels lame to pay so much when so many people get a good working copy for free by stealing. That won't make me want to steal, rather it makes me wish there was better copy protection.



    Why not a dongle, or serial checks for each update? A friend has a cracked version of CS2, and has gotten all of the updates no problem, which seems ridiculous - why doesn't the adobe updater check for serial numbers and cancel the numbers that get hundreds of updates? Maybe that would allow them to bring the price down while maintaining quality if there ever happens to be a serious competitor...
  • Reply 14 of 22
    trobertstroberts Posts: 701member
    Does Adobe sell Photoshop all by itself? I went to Adobe's web site to see what Photoshop costs and I could only find it bundled with a bunch of other applications that I do not want or need. If Photoshop only comes bundled, has Adobe at least made it so we can install just the app(s) we want?
  • Reply 15 of 22
    mauimacmauimac Posts: 26member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts View Post


    Does Adobe sell Photoshop all by itself? I went to Adobe's web site to see what Photoshop costs and I could only find it bundled with a bunch of other applications that I do not want or need. If Photoshop only comes bundled, has Adobe at least made it so we can install just the app(s) we want?



    Yes Photoshop is available all by itself... http://amazon.com/Adobe-13102498-Pho...d_i=1000068631
  • Reply 16 of 22
    tinktink Posts: 395member
    Any talk on major / minor bugs in Dreamweaver, Photoshop, or Illustrator yet.

    I'm personally chomping at the bit to upgrade from CS1.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,841member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbass View Post


    Wow, it's shipping only 3.5 weeks after it became available illegally on BitTorrent.



    Any word on what the copy protection is? Simple serial? It always feels lame to pay so much when so many people get a good working copy for free by stealing. That won't make me want to steal, rather it makes me wish there was better copy protection.



    Why not a dongle, or serial checks for each update? A friend has a cracked version of CS2, and has gotten all of the updates no problem, which seems ridiculous - why doesn't the adobe updater check for serial numbers and cancel the numbers that get hundreds of updates? Maybe that would allow them to bring the price down while maintaining quality if there ever happens to be a serious competitor...



    Maybe your friend should realize that his actions are costing the rest of us. As a matter of fact, your friend can probably be tracked down now thanks to your posting here. Congratulations, Citizen.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    evokenevoken Posts: 56member
    Very cool. I plan to get the upgrade to the CS3 Design Premium. Apparently I will need to get Fireworks separately, it is the only app I would be missing.





    Evo
  • Reply 19 of 22
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post


    That's interesting. Stocking all versions is going to take significant shelf space.



    Or at least closet space! They may not display them all.



    As for Director being obsolete... no. And it has a large following even in cases where it COULD be replaced. Its flaws are real, but for rapid-protoyping and delpoyment of bitmap- and mixed-media applications, it's very powerful. It also has underlying power in Lingo that even Flash cannot touch yet.



    (The 3D portion has been far surpassed by Unity, which can deliver 3D on a web page far more easily and with better quality.)
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Wonderful to see these applications in Universal form. The Master Collection should be available in late June.



Sign In or Register to comment.