Hoping PS 7 will announce this week

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Seybold starts this coming Tuesday which I do think it's a good time for Adobe to make an announcement on PS 7.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    They'll likely at least demo it.

I'm hoping they have machines to try it out on. If so I'll try to secretly upload it to my server
  • Reply 2 of 20
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Tuesday as in...tomorrow? I think it's likely they will announce the shipping date at this event, probably a demo too. I don't know if the recent betawarez are accurate indicators, but I'm wondering if there are any truly new features in terms of vector capabilities or the text engine. Seems the ones I've seen are all iterative improvements of existing features, and of course aquafication. Leonis? Comments?

Anyway, based on my source in the Adobe community it seems a March release is much more likely than we though say a month or two ago. As for the other product that's "almost ready" GoLive 6 will ship before March 1st.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    The guy in Railhead Design said it's very close to the GM.

I also heard from couple of people saying that it should be coming in March

Therefore I don't think it doesn't hurt for Adobe to 'pre announce' it tomorrow.

PS 7 is my last piece of 'major' app to finish my OS X transition....this month's going to be a loooooooooooooooooong wait
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Another thing I was wondering about is the Filters and Effects menu - have they finally pared that down / gotten rid of some of the old (and basically useless) color averaging type filters? Any new / updated filters or effects worth discussing?

Oh yah: the Layer Styles palette - is it still the same kludge as in 6.0?
  • Reply 5 of 20
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>

Oh yah: the Layer Styles palette - is it still the same kludge as in 6.0?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's now called layer blending option in PS 7
  • Reply 6 of 20
    But has the palette where all of the Layer Style options are found changed at all (visualy)? Have they streamlined it any?
  • Reply 7 of 20
    There are couple of new layer mode/style in PS 7

They are:

Linear burn

Linear dodge

Vivid Light

Linear light

Pin light
  • Reply 8 of 20
    jaddiejaddie Posts: 110member
    Dear Friends

We can&#146;t forget Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen&#146;s comments regarding the ship date of an OS X-native version of Photoshop. Chizen said that Photoshop would ship in the second calendar quarter, which means April at the earliest.

I&#146;m hopeful that we&#146;ll hear something this week, too. Just an in-depth product description in the form of a PDF would be wonderful!

I was going to move to OS X as soon as an OS X-native version of Photoshop became available, but I also would like to have an OS X-native version of Dreamweaver, too, before making the switch.

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 9 of 20
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jaddie:

<strong>Dear Friends

We can&#146;t forget Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen&#146;s comments regarding the ship date of an OS X-native version of Photoshop. Chizen said that Photoshop would ship in the second calendar quarter, which means April at the earliest.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, he was talking about Adobe's financial Q2 which is Mar-Apr-May, and Adobe usually announces there apps 30 days before shipping.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Looks like an announcement Monday morning and then perhaps shipment a month later? Sounds about right....

From the looks of the IDG thing also looks like there's no real changes to the functionality - although we've long since reached the point of diminishing returns in that regard. Photoshop does so much with pixels it's unreal. Maybe next rev we'll get things more customizable streamlined a bit (interface wise).

Either way I'm looking forward to PS 7.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Dear JLL & Friends

[quote]No, he was talking about Adobe's financial Q2 which is Mar-Apr-May, and Adobe usually announces there apps 30 days before shipping.<hr></blockquote>

How do you know Chizen was referring to Adobe&#146;s fiscal quarter and not the general public&#146;s calendar quarter? It isn&#146;t my intent to challenge you; I&#146;m just trying to figure out when Mac OS X&#146;s most anticipated application will see a retail shelf.

I believe Adobe will let the hype build and will charge considerably more for the upgrade than US$130.

Why can&#146;t we hear something from Macromedia? Surely there are many people who&#146;d love to hear about OS X-native versions of Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Director. (And I can&#146;t figure out why Macromedia won&#146;t bring Fontographer back out of the closet.)

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Adobe's first quarter starts on December
  • Reply 13 of 20
    From Macuser Feb22nd edition. Testing a pre-release photoshop7.

Pros: Carbonised+ file browser makes it easier to locate, preview and manage image files+ extensive improvements to Brushes+ Useful healing and patch tools+ some usability enhancements without any loss of familiarity.

Cons: no dramatic additions+ text handling still basic+ though improved, liquify is still not a true envelope distortion tool+ Photoshop/ImageReady spilt remains awkward.

They expect final release April
  • Reply 14 of 20
    MacUser usually is quite conservative on estimating software's real ship date.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jaddie:

<strong>Dear JLL & Friends

How do you know Chizen was referring to Adobe&#146;s fiscal quarter and not the general public&#146;s calendar quarter?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dear Jaddie,

Chizen mentioned the 2nd quarter release date in an interview about the financial results of their 1st quarter.

With Regards,

JLL
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Dear Friends

I attended an Adobe-co-sponsored seminar yesterday and, according to one of the seminar staff, it appears that Photoshop will indeed be announced on Monday.

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Announcement on Monday is given

Now the next question is: "When is it going to be shipped"
  • Reply 18 of 20
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well, i guess it was 'technically' announced today, but no shipping date mentioned !! arrgghh
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Adobe always does this.

Remember what Adobe said before:

InDesign - 4th Quarter of 2001

Golive - 1st Quarter of 2002

LiveMotion - Same

After Effects - 4th Quarter of 2001

Illustrator - 3rd Quarter of 2001

So if Adobe says 2Q 2002 I won't be suprised.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    On sale in April. Check new thread.