BBC iPlayer to be made available for Macs

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
According to TUAW, the BBC has decided to make its iPlayer software available for Macs, allowing us UK users to download and catch-up on the TV shows of the last 7 days. This is quite a big deal, as they blamed DRM for not making the software cross-platform as it is required to do in its remit.

So Channel 4, when will 4OD be available for Macs? And more importantly, does this mean we won?t get TV shows on the iTS in the UK?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by max_naylor View Post

the BBC has decided to make its iPlayer software available for Macs, allowing us UK users to download and catch-up on the TV shows of the last 7 days. This is quite a big deal, as they blamed DRM for not making the software cross-platform as it is required to do in its remit.

I don't know why they didn't stick with their website flash movies. Still, it's good they are supporting Macs. It would be really bad form of them not to after using Apple's naming convention. I wish all TV content was available online. I am finding I watch more stuff on my computer than my TV these days now that my aerial reception is bad.