Best torrent client

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by silentnight View Post

I have bittorrent, transmission and azureus. Azureus is the best so far but I have a program called Democracy, it is a internet TV thingy but it will download torrents as well at pretty high speeds. 45% faster than bittorrent and transmission and a little bit more faster than azureus.

Give it a go and let me know what you think of it.

To start a torrent in democracy just right click on the torrent and click "open with" and click on democracy.

i like this democrasy thingy majig. good for getting vids off youtube. niiiice..

[edit] haha this is great. download off youtube, convert with isquint, import into itunes, onto the ipod
  • Reply 22 of 29
    I use Transmission. It's very simple, lightweight, and straightforward. It used to have speed problems, but lately I've been downloading at same speeds as anywhere else.

I've always heard that Azureus allegedly gave you better speeds and seeds, but in my experience, it's a terribly clunky, ugly, overcomplicated, unstable app. If it works for you, great; since you're asking for advice on a client, you probably won't like it.

Democracy is... interesting. Looks nice and it's well organized, but it's also sloooow and unresponsive. It tends to crash on my machine quite often.

2 cents...
  • Reply 23 of 29
    So I'm new to all this P2P stuff and this looked like a good place to ask...is this legal? lol So far on Azureus it mostly looked like trailers and things but what about stuff like music (which just screams to me illegal)?

Thanks!
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Downloading restricted music and movies on P2P networks is almost always illegal. The rule of thumb is, if you would normally have to pay for the item elsewhere, its availability for free online is most likely illegal.

That said, many large, legal files are better downloaded over a distributed network than from a single source. These would include software, unprotected movies, books, etc.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

Downloading restricted music and movies on P2P networks is almost always illegal. The rule of thumb is, if you would normally have to pay for the item elsewhere, its availability for free online is most likely illegal.

That said, many large, legal files are better downloaded over a distributed network than from a single source. These would include software, unprotected movies, books, etc.

Books ?? you mean those paper thingys that you normally have to PAY FOR elsewhere ?

sorry... i just couldn't resist.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Funny.

There are many, many books which are no longer under copyright. Free e-texts and audiobooks of these are available. Same goes for old music and movies, but the interest in those is virtually nonexistent.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    aryayusharyayush Posts: 191member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham View Post

haha this is great. download off youtube, convert with isquint, import into itunes, onto the ipod

Or you could simply use TubeSock and download straight into iTunes in the iPod format (and resolution) and onto the iPod. Way simpler.

In fact, it even has settings for the iPhone and Apple TV. It is a paid application though.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

Or you could simply use TubeSock and download straight into iTunes in the iPod format (and resolution) and onto the iPod. Way simpler.

In fact, it even has settings for the iPhone and Apple TV. It is a paid application though.

yeh, i dont like the last bit. this way works for me though. cheers anyway
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

Alright thanks. Everything I've downloaded so far is legal then