Anyone has success downloading Cleaner 5.1.1 OSX updater?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Versiontracker reported the OSX compatible 5.11 update for Cleaner 5 was available.

But I couldn't download. Even I use Fetch, I could saw the file but couldn't download.

Today. The file is gone!

What the **** is happening in Discreet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>Versiontracker reported the OSX compatible 5.11 update for Cleaner 5 was available.

But I couldn't download. Even I use Fetch, I could saw the file but couldn't download.

Today. The file is gone!

What the **** is happening in Discreet? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm, Leonis, I managed to download the 5.1 cleaner update, it still requires restarting OS9 Classic mode on OS X but I have not seen a 5.1.1 OSX version (carbon version).

I got several parsing errors. i am paid customer as well. keep trying and you might get lucky.

I wonder when Cleaner will support QT6 and MPEG4. I hope they are not soo late behind Apple. i know apple has not released it yet but hoping Discreet will come up with a 5.2 or something for QT6.

The big benefit of 5.1 is Dual Pass VBR using Sorenson 3.1 codec.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Leonis,

Yes, I got 5.1.1 downloaded from versiontracker. it is really good as finally cleaner is a carbon OSX app. I also use Sorenson 3.1 pro version codec for QT and it *appears* there is no dual processor support on OS X (I checked the codecs option and no dual option).

definately get the cleaner downloaded and try a couple of times.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I got the updater

Dual CPU option is enabled on my system when Media Cleaner is using Sorenson 3.1 Pro codec.

I get 198% CPU usage

The CPU usage drops to around 160% when I am checking email. But at least no lag. You never can do this in OS 9

ps. Back to version 2.1 of Sorenson video Pro the info dialogue did show MP enabled. But in Version 3.1 it doesn't tell. But trust me. Version 3.1 Pro IS MP aware.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>