TurboTax 2001 editions OS X Native?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
There is nothing definitive on their web site. The system requirements are vague and their live chat doesn't seem to work on IE 5.1 for X. However, I know the latest edition of Quicken is OS X native, so I was wondering...

...same with TurboTax? No idea why they wouldn't do everything in Carbon at this point. Anyone?

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I have used Turbo Tax on the Web for the past 2 years. It's cheap, although the price has risen to $19 this year, and easy to use.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    I have gotten so fed up with Intuit that for the first time ever I used another product to do my taxes. I used Kiplingers Tax Cut for OS X. What can I say, voting with my wallet. The product was rock solid, no crashes, worked great, updates over the web as it should and got me a nice refund to boot. I recommend it, while Intuit's products I recommend against. And besides, it is cheaper than TurboTax at $29. I don't like using their web versions yet so I have no opinion on that...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Thanks Noah. Did the Kiplingers version have information for peopel with small businesses (Form C and all that crap) as well?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    the latest version of turbotax is NOT osX native.

supposedly the next one will be. worked just fine for me in OSX classic though.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    <a href="http://store.taxcut.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?V1=359239&PN=1&SP=10023&xid=1478&D SP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0" target="_blank">TaxCut Site. Macintosh Edition.</a>

I am not positive if it handles Schdule C or not, but I beleive it does. It asked me about small business questions which I skipped for the most part.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>the latest version of turbotax is NOT osX native.

supposedly the next one will be. worked just fine for me in OSX classic though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why pay more for the Mac version? I would never pay more just to use the Mac port of a tax solution. Even when I used TurboTax I would get the windows version and run it in VPC. Saved 10-20 bucks.

At Least Kiplingers TaxCut is the same price for both platforms...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yah, looks like the Kiplinger app is pretty decent, and only $14 if you want to download. Unfortunately their web store is all screwed up right now, so I may shell out $24 for the CD edition. But either way that's better than the $50, non-native Intuit version.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    I'll throw in another vote for Kiplinger's.

The deluxe version from CompUSA was $25 and gets you a free (via rebate) efile and state add-on download.

Half the price of Intuit's product plus it works in 9 and X.

Worked great.