Media Shout slams OSX/Quicktime and halts development

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chagi View Post

For some reason I find it odd that a software developer needed to farm out the development of the MacOS version. I also find it interesting that the developer in question is essentially pointing fingers at everyone else, without taking personal responsibility for the success/failure of the project.

Two words - due dilligence.

It's not odd for a developer that has no experience in the Mac market. Plenty of companies farm out the Mac development of their products. Companies like Software MacKiev have made a good living out of the practice.

And the developer in question has voluntarily come to a Mac discussion board trying to explain to fans what went wrong. That is to be commended.

It's simplistic and condescending posts like yours that make developers think the Mac market isn't worth the trouble.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chagi View Post

For some reason I find it odd that a software developer needed to farm out the development of the MacOS version. I also find it interesting that the developer in question is essentially pointing fingers at everyone else, without taking personal responsibility for the success/failure of the project.

Two words - due dilligence.

They farm out just about everything.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    This thread is entertaining.

It's true that these developers calling it quits on trying to port their product to OSX is pretty rediculous... my church runs BootCamp on their MBs just so they can use it.

But the software is solid. I've used it for years and it does what it's supposed to, and does it wonderfully. Beats the pants off of PP or Keynote for any sort of presentation that needs to be fluid and flexible.