Let's have a X.2 rumour orgy!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Back in the heady days of the late 90s, when these very pages were called 'Reality' (for some reason), The Blue Meanie remembers only too well how you could read detailed reports of the latest OS 8 and 9 betas, complete with (gasp!) full-size screenshots. Nowadays, hardly has a spy report gone up on some rumour site when Apple Legal comes shrieking in and get it yanked from the servers, the rotten spoilsports

So let's pool the X.2 rumours. What do we know and what is no more than a buzz on the speculation hotline? The Blue Meanie hears that spring-loaded folders (oh joy!) are set for inclusion....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    First off, let's not confuse what we are talking about. X is X... MacOS X to be exact. There is no such thing as "X.2".

I think we are speaking of version 10.2 - correct? That's MacOS X, 10.2. Let's not invent any other mutations of the name.

MacOS X, version 10.2
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    So where are all the X.2 rumors?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Yeah, what clonenode said. There is no "X.0" or "X.1" or "X.2"... that sounds stupid and is simply wrong.

Besides, there's already a thread here called <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000445"; target="_blank">OS X 10.2</a>. Next time, check the relevant forum (Mac OS X) before making a new thread.

Sorry for the rant.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by clonenode:

<strong>First off, let's not confuse what we are talking about. X is X... MacOS X to be exact. There is no such thing as "X.2".

I think we are speaking of version 10.2 - correct? That's MacOS X, 10.2. Let's not invent any other mutations of the name.

MacOS X, version 10.2</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, I did, of course, mean X, 10.2.

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: The Blue Meanie ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>

Besides, there's already a thread here called <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000445"; target="_blank">OS X 10.2</a>. Next time, check the relevant forum (Mac OS X) before making a new thread.

Sorry for the rant. </strong><hr></blockquote>

:o Whoops, sorry starfleetX, I did indeed miss that one. I'll look more carefully next time. The Blue Meanie's knuckles are duly rapped