Steve Jobs to kick-off WWDC 2007

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple confirmed Tuesday that chief executive Steve Jobs will kick off the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 11, 2007 at San Francisco?s Moscone West conference center.

Apple said it plans to use the event to show developers a feature complete version of Mac OS X Leopard and give them a beta copy to take home for final testing ahead of its October release.

The five-day WWDC event, scheduled to run from June 11 to June 15, will deliver more than 150 sessions and labs aimed at getting the most out of Leopard.

The conference will also include new content to serve a wide range of developers, including Mac OS X Immersion Monday, designed to quickly get developers who are new to the Mac up to speed; a content and media track that shows developers the best ways to integrate animation, motion graphics, video, rich-media and web-based content into their applications; and dozens of hands-on labs that offer a unique opportunity to work directly with Apple engineers.

Other activities at Apple?s WWDC 2007 includeresentations from Apple engineers who will provide an in-depth look at Leopard, from its open source foundation to new technologies and innovations like Xcode 3.0, Dashcode, Core Animation, Time Machine, iChat Theater and more;practical hands-on sessions where attendees can learn Apple?s own coding strategies and techniques for creating Cocoa bindings, building Automator actions and integrating iCal events into an application;technology labs where attendees can work one-on-one with Apple engineers on topics such as Cocoa, Open GL and AJAX; andspecial events, including the Apple Design Awards and Stump the Experts.

Cost & Registration

The five-day conference costs $1,595 (US) per attendee, with a $300 (US) Early Registration Discount that has been extended through May 11. Visit Apple?s WWDC website for registration and complete session details at developer.apple.com/wwdc.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    OMG, I can just imagine the havoc that will be wreaked on Mac user's eyeballs will all the advanced animation now built in... could be a visual crapfest on par with the introduction of thousands of font choices with early computers... (shudder)...
  • Reply 2 of 23
    johnnykrzjohnnykrz Posts: 152member
    Yay! At least we'll get to *see* Leopard and it's 'secret features' at WWDC.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    syklee26syklee26 Posts: 78member
    i hope Jobs don't waste developer's time with iPhone presentation rehash....maybe this will mean he will at least showcase Leopard's secret features.

and maybe there will be some hardwares coming too. probably MBP, iMacs and Minis.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    angevilangevil Posts: 12member
    OMG I am so excited! This is actually only 6 weeks away! I hope I can be patient until October.

One question - How soon will we be able to buy Macs, lets say Macbooks with preinstalled Leopard? Can it happen in October, too?
  • Reply 5 of 23
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnnyKrz View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by syklee26 View Post

i hope Jobs don't waste developer's time with iPhone presentation rehash....maybe this will mean he will at least showcase Leopard's secret features....

Don't ya all get it? Leopard is the iPhone is the Mac is the iPod is the Leopard is the Mac is the iPhone is the Apple is the OS is the hardware is the software. ...Don't have time to elaborate on this...
  • Reply 6 of 23
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by angevil View Post

OMG I am so excited! This is actually only 6 weeks away! I hope I can be patient until October.

One question - How soon will we be able to buy Macs, lets say Macbooks with preinstalled Leopard? Can it happen in October, too?

Quote:

I am EXTREMELY EXCITED. .... IT SHOULD BE AWESOME. Hmmm... MacBookPro 13" Core3Duo 3GB RAM 256MB Geforce Go 8800 OMFG.

Okay. Breathe... breathe... Ahh whateves.

W000000000000t !!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! YAY APPLE RULZ MAY STEVE JOBS LIVE FOREVER w0000000000000000t!!! YEAH wow yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
  • Reply 7 of 23
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by syklee26 View Post

i hope Jobs don't waste developer's time with iPhone presentation rehash....maybe this will mean he will at least showcase Leopard's secret features.

and maybe there will be some hardwares coming too. probably MBP, iMacs and Minis.

He has no choice but to divulge every feature. The beta going to Developers at WWDC will be "Feature Complete" no more secrets after June.

The iPhone will get attention. Despite the MWSF focus you still don't know enough about the iPhone

How does it sync?

How does it's calendar work?

What other applications are available ?

Is there a SDK for developing apps for it?

Jobs is going to have a blast. Wish I was there.

As for hardware new Macbooks and Macbook Pro should be coming "this" month. Intel looks like they're on track to launch Centrino Pro probably by mid month.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    kilraqkilraq Posts: 26member
    *Boggles at the price of the tickets*

I hope they are giving those damn developers a free iPhone. Jikes. Hopefully their work centers are paying the way.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    porchlandporchland Posts: 478member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

He has no choice but to divulge every feature. The beta going to Developers at WWDC will be "Feature Complete" no more secrets after June.

The iPhone will get attention. Despite the MWSF focus you still don't know enough about the iPhone

How does it sync?

I think the biggest question of all about the iPhone is: Will it talk to Exchange ActiveSync, i.e., will it work on most business email systems?
  • Reply 10 of 23
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

How does it sync?

As for hardware new Macbooks and Macbook Pro should be coming "this" month. Intel looks like they're on track to launch Centrino Pro probably by mid month.

The iPhone should get it's own 'special' event. If SJ spends 30 minutes talking about the iPhone then there won't be much about Leopard to discuss. IIRC, keynote will only be 1hr long.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    evokenevoken Posts: 56member
    I think that it is inevitable that he will spend some time showing off the iPhone, it launches in the same month.

I wonder how much time does he has for the keynote? I think he will have a lot to cover with Leopard alone and the iPhone and whatever else they choose to introduce.

Evo
  • Reply 12 of 23
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

How does it sync?

The only question developers want to know about the iPhone is the last one, is there an SDK. If not, don't waste their time (and money, they spend a lot to go to this thing) with focus on a product that has no bearing on them. This is why even product announcements at the thing are a complete waste. Its a developers conference, not a "Hey, check it out, we've got a new ipod!" conference.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    brianabriana Posts: 1member
    Jobs might talk a bit about iPhone, but I have to imagine most of the show will be about the Mac, since they spoke so little about it at MacWorld, and since they are in front of a bunch of devs. I think Jobs might also make note of how people think the company is starting to abandon their computer developments. Since 10.5 has been delayed, I also expect some huge "top secret" features.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Don't ya all get it? Leopard is the iPhone is the Mac is the iPod is the Leopard is the Mac is the iPhone is the Apple is the OS is the hardware is the software. ...Don't have time to elaborate on this...

Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is Finkle! Einhorn is a man!
  • Reply 15 of 23
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    iJobs will talk about iPhone very iLittle. two iHours in iJanuary was iEnough. it will iSync w/ iTunes [the iSoftware that REALLY needs a new iName - *iHint iHint*] iBet it's all iLeopard.

for the love of GOD, you dropped computer from your name, please drop the i's from your products! iMac was cute, but we don't need an i in front of everything. only the "pro" apps are safe. it's apple TV not iTV, please make that the start of a new trend. i'm suprised it's not "iNal Cut Studio"

can someone please point me to a link showing the last refresh dates for apple hardware across the board?
  • Reply 16 of 23
    thebaintthebaint Posts: 4member
    Here you can find all the Apple hardware in one list, as well as their average lifespan between updates, etc...

http://guides.macrumors.com/Buyer%27s_Guide
  • Reply 17 of 23
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:

Not to mention what's in Vista's upgrade!
  • Reply 18 of 23
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    geez, thought just saw MWSF keynote, here comes WWDC, time flies and getting old.

where are the count down thread and count down widgets?

10th June will be looooooooooongest day!
  • Reply 19 of 23
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I hope so, but I don't think it will be that simple. If it's anything like the iPod games, coders for iPhone apps might only be a secret society.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kilraq View Post

*Boggles at the price of the tickets*

I hope they are giving those damn developers a free iPhone. Jikes. Hopefully their work centers are paying the way.

Conferences can be expensive, I think this is about a week long, and last I heard, food and lodging is included. Add to it that a developer can get face-to-face with qualified Apple programmers, it can be a great value if you can take advantage of it.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I hope so, but I don't think it will be that simple. If it's anything like the iPod games, coders for iPhone apps might only be a secret society.

Conferences can be expensive, I think this is about a week long, and last I heard, food and lodging is included. Add to it that a developer can get face-to-face with qualified Apple programmers, it can be a great value if you can take advantage of it.

Well, they serve lunch. But, lodging is definitely not included although they do have special rates at nearby hotels.