BritRail Help

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hi all.

I'm trying to arrange some trips and I'm coming up with insane prices. Here's the skinny:

I know I'll need to Gatwick express return (£17 each way, still?). I know I'll need at least one, and possibly two, returns from London to Edinburgh and then on to Stirling.

Can anyone recommend cheap tickets?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    fly??
  • Reply 2 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

fly??

That's of course an option (Ryanair, I guess?), but I had really kind of wanted to see it by train.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Those trains in the UK are damn expensive. Maybe look into busses, London-Edinburgh by bus would be much cheaper.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Those trains in the UK are damn expensive. Maybe look into busses, London-Edinburgh by bus would be much cheaper.

It'd take two days!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

It'd take two days!

Pussy.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    alex londonalex london Posts: 613member
    UK rail ticketing is a mess;myriad offers,arcane procedures. and secrecy. Online try http://www.thetrainline.com/default....3_200751231421 or if you phone them up they might have secret offers that you have to ask for- they won't profer the information. The East Coast line to Edinburgh is supposed to be well worth the trip- I've always ended up going via the west coast. Flying is an option, you'll still get a view,but you will single-handedly be killing countless kittens.