iTunes Account Opening

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi there,

I think I know what the answer to my question is but I wil ask it anyway...

Is there any way possible to open an iTunes account in a country that is not listed on the iTunes registration pages...if not then WHY NOT????

It is incredible to think of how many countries in the world you can buy an iPod and yet....there are only a handful of countries that you can register for iTunes with...what I'm most surprised at is the fact that this has been the case for how may years now and yet nothin has been done about it?

You may wonder why "why the rant?", well, I just bought a new MacBook, I've found my old iPod (ancient 2G model) and uploaded all my tunes again and for a brief moment I couldn't remember why I didn't have an iTunes account...untilI I returned to the store...and all came flooding back...the good old must have a credit card address in the (rather limited) iTunes store country list fiasco...

Why then sell the iPods in other countriesif you can't register...or at least not warn folks that buy one that there are only a few countries for which you can register for iTunes...it really is quite a con...

The disappointin thing for me is that I tend to love all things Apple and so it surprises me that they haven't done something to sort this.

Can anybody tell me if there is anything on the horizon for those "other countries"?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaspdxb View Post

Is there any way possible to open an iTunes account in a country that is not listed on the iTunes registration pages...if not then WHY NOT????

It's possible, but it arguably constitutes contract breach, because the songs are licensed per-nation.

It is incredible to think of how many countries in the world you can buy an iPod and yet....there are only a handful of countries that you can register for iTunes with...what I'm most surprised at is the fact that this has been the case for how may years now and yet nothin has been done about it?

Quote:

Why then sell the iPods in other countriesif you can't register

Because the majority of songs on an iPod aren't purchased from iTunes anyway? Because iPods have existed one and a half years before the iTunes Store did?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jaspdxbjaspdxb Posts: 2member
    Understood Chucker.

But the whole Apple ethos appears to be one of complete synchronisation, and yet this missing "link" to the iTunes store isn't there for all Apple patrons.

I'm just surprised that there isn't some sort of access avilable for all iPod owners; albeit a limited one due to international restrictions on music licensing/distribution etc.

Cheers

J