way behind the curve

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
For how long have bands on myspace been selling songs? It's funny, I'm so out of the loop that I got excited for a moment, forgetting that Rupert Murdoch owns Myspace--and that this is probably nothing new. Once I got over my initial positive reaction I started wondering whether bands pay a flat fee for a myspace music site, or give Murdoch and Co. a cut of the 99 cents ((I'd rather give it to Apple).

PS What is to stop bands/labels from adopting the direct on-line sales strategy en-masse?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ptrash View Post

What is to stop bands/labels from adopting the direct on-line sales strategy en-masse?

Numbers.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

Numbers.

Which is it ipeon, brains, or numbers? (Maybe it's fear, which may or may not be associated with brains--or numbers, just big bad corporations)

iPeon has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - way behind the curve - in the iPod + iTunes + iPhone + AppleTV forum of AppleInsider.

This thread is located at:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...9&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by Ptrash)---

What is to stop bands/labels from adopting the direct on-line sales strategy en-masse?

---End Quote---

Brains.

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,

AppleInsider