The New Zune - "Is Pink the New Brown?"

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I love the quote and couldn't resist.

At least their won't be photos of squatting dogs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    That picture doesn't do the monstrosity justice IMO. Here is what it actually looks like:

I wondered what Microsoft's design team were thinking when they came out with the brown one but this is a whole other level. It's quite clear they aren't thinking at all.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

That picture doesn't do the monstrosity justice IMO. Here is what it actually looks like:

I wondered what Microsoft's design team were thinking when they came out with the brown one but this is a whole other level. It's quite clear they aren't thinking at all.

OMG!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 23
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    The light pink one looks pretty nice. It looks like that version of the pink Zune was made on a Mac: when will M$ learn?
  • Reply 4 of 23
    I don't even think the flaming homo's would touch that thing.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Thanks for making me throw up.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I have to assume that MS thinks it's going for "edgy" or "stand out from the pack" "what the young people are doing" or something with these color choices.

Trouble is, if they think they're picking up on cool urban kid trends, they're running about three years behind. Which is to say the Gap had lots of brown and pepto bismol pink and mustard yellow clothes two years ago, and the young men's department at Sears had them last year.

Next Zune color: mustard yellow. After that: Zune, the trucker hat edition.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    that breast cancer pink color is nice but that hot flamingo pink is gross. no one would buy that.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Microsoft: stick with white and black, and hell, brown was actually pretty good looking. When I think Zune, I think brown Zune, which really was a good looking color. Regardless, no pink Zunes. That won't make your device sell. You need innovation and hardware and software. Get that done. Expand the user base with a platform that truly challenges the iPod. Don't tiptoe around.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

I love the quote and couldn't resist.

At least their won't be photos of squatting dogs.

Is this for real? Nothing on the offical Zune page. Hell, the Zune page trys shows you prices from PriceGrabber and advertises it from CircuitCity and Amazon
  • Reply 10 of 23
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Is this for real? Nothing on the offical Zune page. Hell, the Zune page trys shows you prices from PriceGrabber and advertises it from CircuitCity and Amazon

The original picture cam from CNet so i assume its for real.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

For real.

Light pink comes in May, Dark Pink (Red?) comes in June/July.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Trouble is, if they think they're picking up on cool urban kid trends, they're running about three years behind.

With the exception of the XBox, has MS ever had a product that's been cool for kids?
  • Reply 13 of 23
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

The light pink one looks pretty nice. It looks like that version of the pink Zune was made on a Mac: when will M$ learn?

Ha! Perfect! Just what I was thinking. Either that or they relied on what they saw on the screen.

Unbelievable.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    The wife sends you to the paint store with a chip of paint, it is a warm pink reminiscent of a sunrise in early Spring. You return with some GodAwful Electric P!nk. That is what happened to the new Zune.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    admactaniumadmactanium Posts: 812member
    Quote:

i remember when zune was launched they considered these pink ones to be "easter eggs" (pun slightly intended). you couldn't order them, but a certain number of them were sent out in lieu of the color you ordered. they were trying to create some buzz about it and i guess a random pink zune was their answer. as i recall some people were obviously not that happy with the surprise.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    opuscroakusopuscroakus Posts: 317member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The new Zune: Pepto-Bismol Edition®!
  • Reply 17 of 23
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    The lighter one is pink, the other is watermellon.

Unfortunatly, it does not stop there. Some special edition zunes were made on the release date

There are also a number of zunes with engravings on them. As well as some other colors i can not remember.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    walter slocombewalter slocombe Posts: 1,568member
    They all make me want to throw a chair!

Never has the word "Fugly" been so easy to associate with something.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    javacowboyjavacowboy Posts: 864member
    So, exactly how many prospective music buyers were holding out for a pink or orange Zune?

Buhler? Buhler?
  • Reply 20 of 23
    evokenevoken Posts: 56member
    Hehe

There are some pictures of the light pink Zune here:

http://www.zunescene.com/pink-zune/