new laptop

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
hey guys

i just wanted to know so as to according to u when is the new apple notebook likely to be launched as the santa rosa platform is here and apple wud be the first one to upgrade to it.

i've waited for some considerable time of abt 4 months + and now i've decided to go for the black macbook but if a new notebook is on its way should i wait untill then or i should go for my older choice. will the led display be launched with the launching of the santa rosa introduced notebook?

as i m in my senior high school right now my prior aim with a notebook is graphic designing and multimedia functionality.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adityaraj View Post

hey guys

i just wanted to know so as to according to u when is the new apple notebook likely to be launched as the santa rosa platform is here and apple wud be the first one to upgrade to it.

i've waited for some considerable time of abt 4 months + and now i've decided to go for the black macbook but if a new notebook is on its way should i wait untill then or i should go for my older choice. will the led display be launched with the launching of the santa rosa introduced notebook?

as i m in my senior high school right now my prior aim with a notebook is graphic designing and multimedia functionality.

From what I understand (which is not much ), The santa rosa platform will first be put in the new 15" MBP along with the LED display and supposedly some more cool features. This SHOULD be out in October, but that is not a certainty.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tonyd007tonyd007 Posts: 36member
    Dude,

Definitely wait. You have waited this long, why not wait an extra few months. The new notebooks are certainly on there way in the coming months. They will be out in October at the very latest. Just be patient, you are almost there. I am in the same boat as you, just waiting for the new notebooks to come out. Be Patient!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    There's been talk that a prototype should be completed with the LED and Santa Rosa technologies by next week at the latest, and talks of at least announcing and taking orders for the MacBook Pro refresh at WWDC. We shall see...

I'm also in the same situation, high school senior, going to college to major in Electronic Media Production. I've been waiting for Leopard, but found out that it got pushed back, so I'm waiting until WWDC to see what hardware might be released. I'd say wait at least until then. Who knows, maybe the refresh will be announced there.