Cleaning Dilema...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is my macbook the only one made out of space age cleaning resistant material? i have a question for the masses. i have one of the earlier macbooks. and over the past year since ive had it, its gotten a little dirty in the plaves where my hands and wrists rest during use. a slight browning of thw white plastic on the right and left lower corners next to the track pad. but no matter how clean my hands are or whatever cleaning solution i use, i cant seem to clean that slight brown stain. ive tried many cleaners, even rubbing alcolhol, everything short of bleach. does anyone know if there is anything out there that will clean that plastic? it boggles the mind

thank you

Reuben

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    You've got some toxic palm sweat...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

You've got some toxic palm sweat...

haha. possibly. funny thing is im almost a compulsive hand cleaner. and yet, regardless, is there anything that works? anyone know of any special plastic cleaner that i havent heard of?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Apparently non-acetone nail polish remover works wonders.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Also a good quality pencil eraser. And lots of rubbing.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lfe2211lfe2211 Posts: 507member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roob Solid View Post

Is my macbook the only one made out of space age cleaning resistant material? i have a question for the masses. i have one of the earlier macbooks. and over the past year since ive had it, its gotten a little dirty in the plaves where my hands and wrists rest during use. a slight browning of thw white plastic on the right and left lower corners next to the track pad. but no matter how clean my hands are or whatever cleaning solution i use, i cant seem to clean that slight brown stain. ive tried many cleaners, even rubbing alcolhol, everything short of bleach. does anyone know if there is anything out there that will clean that plastic? it boggles the mind

thank you

Reuben

iKlear has always worked well on my white Macbook plastic and screen. But I use it frequently so mine might not be as gunked up as yours.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    thank you all for the advice. ill give these remedies a try. hope they work