How to extract video?s background music and make it into cellphone ring?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a video file, and I love its background music very much and wish to use it as cellphone ring. But the problem is, I don?t know its name, so can?t download it directly. Now I hope to extract the background music and cut out part of it as cellphone ring. Could someone know which program can make it? By the way, my cellphone supports mp3 format as ring.

many thanks

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 9
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    Yeah, you can separate the audio from the video file in iMovie quite easily. Like sohpie said, it just depends on what format the video is in.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cyko95 View Post


    Yeah, you can separate the audio from the video file in iMovie quite easily. Like sohpie said, it just depends on what format the video is in.



    This is fairly simple. What you want to do is dump the video in a video editor, iMovie, Final Cut, Avid, it doesn't matter. Then drop your video into the project and into the timeline. Now, it should be up in the File menu, you want to select "Export Audio..." Go ahead and export it as an mp3 or aiff file, whatever floats your boat.

    Now, once you have that file exported and saved, open GarageBand (version 3 or later), and make a new project. Drag your audio file into the project, then you want to select the command to save as ringtone. I forget exactly how the command reads, and what menu it's in, probably File, but take a look, you should be able to find it.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    my video file is .swf. does that iMovie support converting swf to audio file? newbie, need help, many thanks
  • Reply 4 of 9
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amulewong View Post


    my video file is .swf. does that iMovie support converting swf to audio file? newbie, need help, many thanks



    do you own QTpro7? then download and use for free www.perian.org, and export as aiff. use any other converter to convert into you cellphones specific format, e.g. iTunes to make it mp3...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amulewong View Post


    my video file is .swf. does that iMovie support converting swf to audio file? newbie, need help, many thanks



    Ohhhh, .swf... you'd need something else then... do you have a microphone? You can have GarageBand open, then play the .swf, and switch back to GB quickly and hit the record button while your mic is by a speaker.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,213moderator
    You can use Audio Hijack for this:



    http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/



    I think the demo captures up to 10 minutes or something. Just hit hijack on Safari and press play.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    thanks, guys

    i have another problem. i just need part of it as cellphone ring, is it possible to make it through your program or solution? that is, can that program support spliting file?I don’t want to use 2 or more programs to make it, that’s too troublesome
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amulewong View Post


    thanks, guys

    i have another problem. i just need part of it as cellphone ring, is it possible to make it through your program or solution? that is, can that program support spliting file?I don’t want to use 2 or more programs to make it, that’s too troublesome



    Depending on your phone type, that can be quite a job to figure out.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Thanks for your time. I?ll try this video converter
Sign In or Register to comment.