Photoshop Elements Problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I installed Photoshop Elements 4.0 a few months ago. Played with a little, but haven't used it for a while. Last night, tried to use it again and the Program wouldn't load. It would start loading up and when it got to the spot "reading workspace modes" it would just shut off. I tried deleting and rebuilding Prefs both. Deleted and reloaded the program also. Any other ideas? This is on my Mac Pro computer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Try holding command, alt (option), shift while launching the application.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Try holding command, alt (option), shift while launching the application.

Tried that also...still won't launch. I may be missing something when I delete the program, because when I reload the program it still has my license info displayed when it tries to start. I've deleted the PE4 folder, the Bridge..the help app and prefs from my library.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    There is an Adobe folder in your /Library/Application Support/ folder. Try moving that to your desktop.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Deleting the opera preferences worked for someone on the Adobe forums:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3d534
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Deleting the opera preferences worked for someone on the Adobe forums:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3d534

That did it! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Funny how one programs prefs..would interfere with another.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cylon View Post

That did it! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Funny how one programs prefs..would interfere with another.

It's because Elements uses Opera to view its help files. If drill through the Elements.app folder you'll find Opera lurking somewhere inside.