After Dark

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have After Dark but it dont work on 9.2 is there some way to make it work.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mediamanmediaman Posts: 169member
    [quote]Originally posted by Tarok:

<strong>I have After Dark but it dont work on 9.2 is there some way to make it work.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is an upgrade on <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=631&db=mac"; target="_blank">Version Tracker</a> to take it to 4.0.4 that you could try, but it's not supposed to work past OS 9.04.

Huum! I put it on my mum's iMac last week, (she saw that XP 'fish tank' screen saver and the only Mac one I know that comes close is the after dark one) and I am sure it's running at least 9.1
  • Reply 2 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Does anyone else out there know about After Dark in 9.1 or 9.2.2 (what I'm on)?

I used to LOVE After Dark. But, from personal experience, I've seen old Mac applications absolutely MULCH a newer Mac OS. System 6 apps in 7 or 8 are prime examples. So when I made the leap from System 7.1 on a IIsi to a new Blue and White G3 with 8.6 and then 9.2.2, I left After Dark behind. I would be interested to here from anyone using After Dark and OS 9.2.2!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    After Dark:

Now THERE'S two words I haven't heard from together in a long time.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    patchoulipatchouli Posts: 402member
    I am a big fan of AfterDark! I had it on all my Macs and PCs. I have every version ever released. I was pissed when Berkely Systems sold to Sierra who just pushed the business to the back and just started to re-bundle everything. Then when Windows 2000 came out they blatantly said that they will not be supporting this or any new versions of Windows. Now with XP and OS X, there is absolutely no support or future plans for updates so that AfterDark can run on our new machines. They say that there would not be enough interest in the product ($$$) and it would cost them too much to revise it (???). AfterDark is a part of many people's early computing experiences (Mac or PC) and it should definitely be updated!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    there is a program called 'DarkSide' that lets you use some After Dark modules. it is developed by aguy who works for Apple actually. He doesn't plan on making it OS X compatible since OS X has screeen saver

do a search on google

then there is another program coming out that is also supposed to let you use After Dark modules. do a search on google
  • Reply 6 of 8
    there is a program called 'DarkSide' that lets you use some After Dark modules. it is developed by aguy who works for Apple actually. He doesn't plan on making it OS X compatible since OS X has screeen saver

do a search on google

then there is another program coming out that is also supposed to let you use After Dark modules. do a search on google
  • Reply 7 of 8
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Ah! After Dark! Do you think I could use the original screen saver files, and plug them into DarkSide? And if so, does anyone have a Myst Screen Saver Key?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the after dark plug ins (for the most part) work perfectly with dark side. good luck finding a key though.