Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
it happen a couple of times,

it just quitted suddenly,

any advice pl?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    No surprise.

Internet Explorer is a buggy, slow, unstable app.

There's nothing around that.

Either put up with it, or use another browser.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>No surprise.

Internet Explorer is a buggy, slow, unstable app.

There's nothing around that.

Either put up with it, or use another browser. </strong><hr></blockquote>

IE barely crashes on me and it really isn't slow at all. But that's just my opinion I guess.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    It runs like a champ in Mac OS 9, but in Mac OS X it's a perfect example of a poorly written carbon application.

In Mac OS X some of the fonts in it's interface (like in the explorer bar) aren't rendered properly. I often have to click links twice to get them to work, if you're a web developer and reload the same page multiple times to test out html changes, images will randomly cease to load. Sometimes when loading pages, nothing appears in the browser window until your cursor hovers over the image or link. Not to mention it randomly quits at times, and it is slow.

I don't know what the hell they did to IE in Mac OS X, but they really did a number on it.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    I agree with M3D Jack.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my post was related to IE on OSX.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Yeah IE is much better in OS 9 but it isn't that bad in OS X. It's nowhere near how good the OS 9 version is, but it's definately useable.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    It's awful in OS X. Use OmniWeb.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    got to stick with IE for a while for access to some stupid web pages which work on IE only!!!!!

thanks for your 'ideas'.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    got to stick with IE for a while for access to some stupid web pages which work on IE only!!!!!

thanks for your 'ideas'.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>It's awful in OS X. Use OmniWeb.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think OmniWeb is that great either. If anything replaced IE for me it'd be Mozilla.

[ 03-31-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I have to use both IE and OW. I tried mozilla and it has promise, but it's just ugly. I use OW for most things because I like the way I can organize my favorites in folders on the toolbar but it still doesn't work right with some things. I haven't had stability problems in IE recently. I do get some spinning cursors on occasion.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

I have to use both IE and OW. I tried mozilla and it has promise, but it's just ugly.<hr></blockquote>That's why Navigator 0.2.0... errr... I mean Chimera is favored in my book as the Next Best Browser.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>I have to use both IE and OW. I tried mozilla and it has promise, but it's just ugly. </strong><hr></blockquote>

That's true. It's the only thing I don't like about Mozilla.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    patchoulipatchouli Posts: 402member
    IE has yet to bomb on my iMac! I use it everyday with many other programs running in the background and not one crash or error. It's also a bit faster and more stable than OmniWeb, Opera and Netscape (which have ALL bombed out on me and take their sweet time to launch and to load pages). I never used it IE in OS 9 (actually, I have never even booted into OS 9! - Never was a fan of that OS).

Once OmniWeb gets faster and more stable, I'll use it more.

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: Patchouli ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 15
    stjobsstjobs Posts: 45member
    [quote]Originally posted by firehc:

<strong>it happen a couple of times,

it just quitted suddenly,

any advice pl?</strong><hr></blockquote>

IEX is stable for me, but that's running on a TiBook 667 mHz... one thing that I think sucks balls about IE is that the tab key moves you from link to link instead of from text entry box to text entry box. Kinda sucks if you're on Yahoo and want to quickly tab into the search form... sounds nitpicky I guess but Netscape doesn't do it. Is iCab out for OS X yet? I used that with previous OSes and liked it a lot.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by stjobs:

<strong>one thing that I think sucks balls about IE is that the tab key moves you from link to link instead of from text entry box to text entry box</strong><hr></blockquote>Either option-tab or change the settings in the preferences dialog (see the Browser Display section).