Some Deus Ex assistance please.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just installed DE on my new TiBook - however, I get some weird graphic glitches running in OS9. I have about 350 MBs RAM allocated to the damn program, and there's these strange grey polygons that clip through walls sometimes... almost as if the room isn't rendering properly. I'm running v.1.0 BTW. Any updates for the game that may cure it? Oh yeah, this is in 32 bit mode, at any resolution. I switched to 16 for a little and the glitches went away, but talk about UGLY!!! I really don't want to use it in 16-bit mode. Fixes/suggestions appreciated.

PS - is there an OS X patch for Deus Ex? I want to get into the game again (had it since it came out, stopped playing some months back), but if I have to restart in 9 that's not cool. What about UT? OS X patch for that?

Thanks,

stjobs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    no os x patch but the latest patches of the game are supposed to fix those glitches... check out the developers support site
  • Reply 2 of 2
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Yeah go get the patch, Deus Ex has some issues with the Radeon cards (I think all TiBooks have 16 meg Mobile radeons).