How long till Apple's Market Cap matches or exceeds that of Google ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yup, u read it right. I'd give it 8-16 months. Who would have thought 10 years ago during apple's darkest hour that it'll now be worth close to $100 Billion Dollars !!!

Guesses?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kompressor View Post

Yup, u read it right. I'd give it 8-16 months. Who would have thought 10 years ago during apple's darkest hour that it'll now be worth close to $100 Billion Dollars !!!

Guesses?

10th of never perhaps.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 12
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Google is so overvalued. A better comparison is to Dell - when will Apple have twice the market cap of Dell?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    It's certainly possible, although it's extremely hard to guess when, if ever.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Google is so overvalued. A better comparison is to Dell - when will Apple have twice the market cap of Dell?

Google overvalued? They continue to profit each and every quarter usually breaking all expectations, and while it's unfinished and needs more polish, I'm liking the UI changes recently.

Sebastian
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Google has some of the worst UI in the business. I suggested Picassa to a friend and she said she could not stand the interface ...

That shuttle bus thing that suppose to be a scroll wheel - where did they come up with/inherit that ???
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kompressor View Post

Google has some of the worst UI in the business. I suggested Picassa to a friend and she said she could not stand the interface ...

That shuttle bus thing that suppose to be a scroll wheel - where did they come up with/inherit that ???

Really? Picasa2's UI is actually quite nice. The sliders are right there on the side (from what I can remember) and when you move images around it has a nice animation effect.

And you say they have the worst UI in the business.... I'm trying to figure out that one because Google's search services actually has one of the best UIs. Their current experiment called Universal Search is actually designed to make more refined searches discoverable, the only problem is that the Universal Toolbar thing (that offers relevant links to their other searches depending on the query) only appears in Web Search. It's kind of a jolt to see that disappear when I click News or Images or whatever, because the way they designed it you sort of expect it to stay.

Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I actually started using ask.com, if only because they have phenomenal billboards along route 101 ("the 101"). After a few days of use, I think like it better.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    avoravor Posts: 44member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

I actually started using ask.com, if only because they have phenomenal billboards along route 101 ("the 101"). After a few days of use, I think like it better.

Heretic!!!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

You mean Highway 101?

I noticed those as well, the first one I saw was "The Algorithm Killed Jeeves" and at first I thought it was a Google Ad... but then I Googled it later and saw it was an Ad for Ask. I had completely forgotten that Ask used to be Ask Jeeves... but I used them for a couple of days and it wasn't a horrible experience, it's just that Google works very very very well for me and provides me more tools.

Sebastian
  • Reply 10 of 12
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Google overvalued? They continue to profit each and every quarter usually breaking all expectations, and while it's unfinished and needs more polish, I'm liking the UI changes recently.

Sebastian

Google is a great search engine. Yes it is. And will continue to be if it's stays as is. That's the question.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

You mean Highway 101?

I noticed those as well, the first one I saw was "The Algorithm Killed Jeeves" and at first I thought it was a Google Ad...

Highway? What the hell is a highway? When I call it a highway, or use the easternism "I-5," your Californian brethren poke fun at me.

You can use Google all you want. I still use google maps extensively, but ask.com really and truly has a better search. Their image search is also much nicer.

The other ask.com billboards I remember are "The algorithm came from Jersey," which is down a little further, closer to my territory, and "The Algorithm is constantly finding Jesus," which is somewhere in or around San Jose.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Highway? What the hell is a highway? When I call it a highway, or use the easternism "I-5," your Californian brethren poke fun at me.

You can use Google all you want. I still use google maps extensively, but ask.com really and truly has a better search. Their image search is also much nicer.

The other ask.com billboards I remember are "The algorithm came from Jersey," which is down a little further, closer to my territory, and "The Algorithm is constantly finding Jesus," which is somewhere in or around San Jose.

Of course

I admit, the 3 searches Google needs to work on refining: Blogs, Images, and Scholar. I just continue to use Image search usually because it's there, fortunately I don't need to look up images much.

I believe I saw those same two Billboards somewhere in San Francisco... I can't quite remember where though, probably Geary or downtown.

Sebastian