I am eligible for an upgrade-but what do I do?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK random, and I am new here (got banned from Macrumors ), but I have a sticky situation.

In 30 days all my exams (GCSEs) will be over, and my dad has said that I should contact Vodafone THEN to get my free phone upgrade--to a nice new W880i phone (not the iPhone though ). Im an impatient young man and so I want now!!!!! All it takes is a five minute call and then however long it takes to get shipped out here. But obviously he won't be best pleased if he finds a new phone at the door, free though it is, and won't be pleased if he sees it on the Vodafone bill or something before the end of exams.

So, if you were in my situation, what would you do? How would you get it to yourself?

Cheeky, I know, but hey, i'm impatient.

Thanks, Tom.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    wow...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Head down, study hard, respect your father and explore the character building virtues of patience.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom_Davey View Post

OK random, and I am new here (got banned from Macrumors ), but I have a sticky situation.

In 30 days all my exams (GCSEs) will be over, and my dad has said that I should contact Vodafone THEN to get my free phone upgrade--to a nice new W880i phone (not the iPhone though ). Im an impatient young man and so I want now!!!!! All it takes is a five minute call and then however long it takes to get shipped out here. But obviously he won't be best pleased if he finds a new phone at the door, free though it is, and won't be pleased if he sees it on the Vodafone bill or something before the end of exams.

So, if you were in my situation, what would you do? How would you get it to yourself?

Cheeky, I know, but hey, i'm impatient.

Thanks, Tom.

• Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasondotcom View Post

Head down, study hard, respect your father and explore the character building virtues of patience.

damn damn and damn again.

you are so so right, i guess i will follow this advice.

to my study desk!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Definitely what jasondotcom said.

But also, have you actually seen and touched a W880i? They're horrible! Whoever thought those ridiculous buttons were a good idea should be fired.