toast and OSX

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
any happy users?

Any conflicts with the Apple built-in authoring?

I'd prefer it if the system never prompted my to initialize disks and all that which I assume come from built-in authoring?

Can I get rid of all built in authoring and rely on just toast?

Is toast working? Probably should have opened with this one!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Toast X is working like a charm

To get rid of that initialized option. You will have to launch Toast before you put in the blank CD.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jaddiejaddie Posts: 110member
    Dear Friends

I burned a DVD-R using Toast 5.1.2 in OS X 10.1.3 a few weeks ago and noticed that the icon size and view settings weren’t recorded, though the picture I chose as a background for the DVD’s root window apparently was kept.

Maybe Apple’s Disc Burner software in OS X will allow the user to set these types of things.

I burned a DVD-R in Toast 5.1.3 under OS 9.2.2 today and let Toast verify it. Verification was successful but the disc failed to be read in either 9.2.2, 9.1, or 10.1.3. That’s the first time that’s happened to me, and I’ve burned about 120 DVD-Rs since last April. (Strangely, I haven’t recorded a single video DVD yet.)

Sincerely,

Jaddie

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: Jaddie ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I have a USB QUE! Drive. For a long time I couldn't use it with OS X. Now finally a driver was released. At first it showed positive signs of the computer recognising the cd burner but when I inserted a disk and the system asked if I wanted it to prepare, I clicked on yes but immediately it ejected the disk. The same thing happens when I try to burn a disk with Toast.

Does anyone else with a USB QUE! Cd burner experience the same problems? How would I solve such problems?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Toast has been working great for me in OS X since the 2nd beta. I never use iTunes and Disc Burner anymore.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    [quote]Originally posted by Gong Rui:

<strong>I have a USB QUE! Drive. For a long time I couldn't use it with OS X. Now finally a driver was released. At first it showed positive signs of the computer recognising the cd burner but when I inserted a disk and the system asked if I wanted it to prepare, I clicked on yes but immediately it ejected the disk. The same thing happens when I try to burn a disk with Toast.

Does anyone else with a USB QUE! Cd burner experience the same problems? How would I solve such problems?</strong><hr></blockquote>

My QUE USB drive does exactly the same thing. They have taken down the driver from their site, saying it would be reposted shortly, but that was 3 weeks ago. I just boot into OS 9 to burn a cd.

Re toast, has anyone been able to use Toast AND itunes at the same time. I know with older versions you had to disable one in order for the other to work.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>

Re toast, has anyone been able to use Toast AND itunes at the same time. I know with older versions you had to disable one in order for the other to work.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They both work fine now with both installed.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    But now that I have installed this bad driver for the Que! drive, How would I be able to remove it?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    patchoulipatchouli Posts: 402member
    Yeah, Toast is great in OS X. Very easy to use with a great UI. Definitely open Toast before inserting a CDR/W to bypass that message. The only quirky thing I found with Toast is that when I add to a session on a CDRW and re-insert the CD, OS X mounts 2 CD's on the desktop?! If I add to the session again (burning/adding more data files), will it mount 3 CDs to the desktop? LOL! Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Also, my only other gripe about Toast is that you have to install it under classic, then install the OS X updater. Not such a big deal, but I didn't want OS 9 on my Mac (I never use 9 and don't plan too) but had to have it on just to install this one app. I hope they come out with a regular OS X installer - not just an update.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by Patchouli:

<strong>The only quirky thing I found with Toast is that when I add to a session on a CDRW and re-insert the CD, OS X mounts 2 CD's on the desktop?! If I add to the session again (burning/adding more data files), will it mount 3 CDs to the desktop? LOL! Maybe I am doing something wrong.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Multi icons for the multi-session CD is normal