Apple Swappers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Im sure many of you remember the guy from Canada who swapped a red paper clip for more valuable items until he got a house. When the story broke I didn't take it to seriously but my local news showed a story about a guy who started with a paperclip and after several swaps ended up with a $4000 speed boat. Pretty good for a years work. The guy also claimed he found it fun and made loads of contacts to swap with on a regular basis.

The news report explained that he used a website but they only showed a part of the URL. Does anyone know what it is?

Also what if he started with 10 paper clips, that would $40,000 from a few cents! You could also do Apple swapping.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justlukeyou View Post

Im sure many of you remember the guy from Canada who swapped a red paper clip for more valuable items until he got a house. When the story broke I didn't take it to seriously but my local news showed a story about a guy who started with a paperclip and after several swaps ended up with a $4000 speed boat. Pretty good for a years work. The guy also claimed he found it fun and made loads of contacts to swap with on a regular basis.

The news report explained that he used a website but they only showed a part of the URL. Does anyone know what it is?

Also what if he started with 10 paper clips, that would $40,000 from a few cents! You could also do Apple swapping.

I'll swap a MBP 2.0 Core Duo, 160 Gig HD, 1.5 Gig RAM for a base 24" iMac or a 20" C2D iMac with a big HD.

, but seriously.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tankgunktankgunk Posts: 43member
    Usually, ideas like that only work once. But I certanly would like to get a MBP for a paperclip...