$49 Shuffles at Apple.com AGAIN ALL COLORS

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The Shuffles are available again at Apple.com, in all of the colors for $49.

My fingers are crossed, hoping that this means that 4GB or larger Shuffles will be available soon!!!

REFURBISHED!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Put down the mouse and keyboard, slowly back away, and dial 911.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Put down the mouse and keyboard, slowly back away, and dial 911.

I second this.

Available in 5 colors, for only $79.

Sebastian
  • Reply 3 of 10
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    My fault - I forgot to mention that they are in the clearance section - or maybe it's called the Apple Outlet.

They're refurbished.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

My fault - I forgot to mention that they are in the clearance section - or maybe it's called the Apple Outlet.

They're refurbished.

OK then, I see them.

Sebastian
  • Reply 5 of 10
    nevenmrgannevenmrgan Posts: 240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

My fingers are crossed, hoping that this means that 4GB or larger Shuffles will be available soon!!!

No way. I don't think we'll ever see Shuffles above 1 GB. That's way too much storage for a screenless iPod.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

No way. I don't think we'll ever see Shuffles above 1 GB. That's way too much storage for a screenless iPod.

Actually a 2 GB one would be nice. iTunes Plus songs are encoded in 256 kbps and because of that are twice as large. Apple estimates the number of songs at 240 ~4 Minute Songs encoded in AAC at 128 kbps. By doubling the storage they basically keep the same capacity and future proof it for when iTunes Plus has every song in iTunes at 256 kbps.

Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Confirmed!!!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

I would actually love to have a 4GB, or even larger. I could put all of my rock on one Shuffle, and country on another. Then I'd just listen to whichever one that I wanted.

I never could understand the argument about them not having a display. If a display is needed, just get a Nano or a regular iPod. I don't really want the extra size of a Nano for working out. For my use, a runner and a cyclist, I would never want a display on a Shuffle. I have a Nano for that. I just wanna turn it on and let 'er go. But, I need more than 1GB of storage.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    4gb, here you go, 2gb ($49.95) or 4gb ($79.95):

http://www.rockitmp4.com/rockit-mini-mp3-player.asp

i actually saw this ad in my local New Times today. Un-friggin -buh-lievable.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    This wouldn't actually work with iTunes, would it? I have all of my music in iTunes, and don't have the time, or ambition to go with regular mp3's.

But I sure would love 4GB! Maybe we'll see 4GB soon in Shuffles.