Ok you guys might hate me for this...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
...but i got a zune. actually it was a gift, from somebody that didn't know I had a macbook. ok so here's my problem : zunes dont work on macs. period. i'm going out to buy windows xp today, and i need some advice. should i put my windows disc on boot camp, or on a program called 'vmware fusion'.

if anyone has any advice, i would appreciate it.

also, my itunes library consists solely of AAC, MPEG, and PROTECTED AAC.

zunes are compatible with:MP3, WMA, WMV, and JPG audio and video files.

how would i go about converting my entire itunes over to MP3 format, while still retaining sound quality and file size. also if it is possible, a way to keep my AAC and MPEG on my itunes and just have copies of them as MP3 files.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Zunes can play AAC just fine. They obviously don't support iTunes's DRM, though.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Wouldn't it be easier to just sell the thing and buy an iPod?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    xelitexxelitex Posts: 46member
    i could...but why would I? my brother gave it to me as a present, i would never sell it. ok so the zunes play AAC's fine then, what about MPEG? and should i put windows on boot camp or vmware fusion?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xelitex View Post

i could...but why would I? my brother gave it to me as a present, i would never sell it. ok so the zunes play AAC's fine then, what about MPEG? and should i put windows on boot camp or vmware fusion?

Parallels or Fusion (both will run Windows in Virtualization)

But it would be easier to just sell it and get an iPod, even if it is from your brother. Then again you might have trouble finding someone to sell it to.

Sebastian
  • Reply 5 of 5
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xelitex View Post

...but i got a zune. actually it was a gift, from somebody that didn't know I had a macbook. ok so here's my problem : zunes dont work on macs. period. i'm going out to buy windows xp today, and i need some advice. should i put my windows disc on boot camp, or on a program called 'vmware fusion'.

if anyone has any advice, i would appreciate it.

also, my itunes library consists solely of AAC, MPEG, and PROTECTED AAC.

zunes are compatible with:MP3, WMA, WMV, and JPG audio and video files.

how would i go about converting my entire itunes over to MP3 format, while still retaining sound quality and file size. also if it is possible, a way to keep my AAC and MPEG on my itunes and just have copies of them as MP3 files.

thanks.

Go here: http://www.head-fi.org/

...and post/look under the portables area. I'll also say it now...sorry about your wallet if you frequent the website! Also, you will have no problem finding someone to sell your Zune to or trade it in for a ipod. I say this because it IS much easier to match an ipod to a macbook. Not just for music. I use it for my iCal appointments too. A lot of people complain about the Zune's software but most agree it has better sound quality than an iPod.

And you shouldn't have to apologize for using what you want. Just don't expect much Zune expertise here.