is iTunes telling me I have bad taste?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have been unable to add two albums to my iTunes.

I grabbed copies of my mates cd's, 2 Clutch cd's, and two Pink cd's. I had them both as files on my shuffle, I plugged my shuffle into my MBP and then dragged the four albums to my iTunes. This is how I always add music.

They showed up in my iTunes and started playing. I removed my shuffle. All the clutch songs played as normal... but all the Pink songs started coming up with "Original Files MIssing, would you like to find?"

So I then plugged inthe shuffle again and transferred the albums to my desktop. unplugged the shuffle. I then Imported the albums thru iTunes... They showed up and started playing... but just as quickly went missing. So then I tried "Add to Library"... again, they showed up in iTunes, but just as quickly went missing again.

I then went into Advanced>Consolidate music and ran that. Again... showed up... went missing

I then opened the folders and oduble clicked on each song so that it launched in iTunes and started playing. But as soon as I deleted the albums off of my desktop, the songs went missing again.

I would assume that I had some of my preferances set incorrectly, but considering I also added two albums by Clutch at the same time and they worked fine, It can't be my settings. And dragging and dropping directly into iTunes is how I always add music.

So I have no idea what is going on. And they are two of her older albums.... not the newie.

Could it be that iTunes is just trying to refine my tastes?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    I have no idea what the problem might be, but try this: Select each file and File/Get Info to see if the files are locked and also check the Ownership & Permissions. They should be set to Read & Write.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

I have no idea what the problem might be, but try this: Select each file and File/Get Info to see if the files are locked and also check the Ownership & Permissions. They should be set to Read & Write.

Sweet, thanks, I'll give it a go
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mr_emr_e Posts: 40member
    Go to Advanced / Consolidate LIbrary

Any it can't find (files) where it expects them to be (according to iTunes' database)

should be flagged with a exclamation point in your library listing.