Macbook Pro LED

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I guess to fully understand the gravity of the MBP update, I was wondering what all the advantages of the new LED screen are. If I understand correctly, it's more efficient and environmentally friendly. What else? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    daffy_duckdaffy_duck Posts: 248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by compulsiveguile View Post

I guess to fully understand the gravity of the MBP update, I was wondering what all the advantages of the new LED screen are. If I understand correctly, it's more efficient and environmentally friendly. What else? Thanks in advance

Longer life of the backlight is another major advantage. Also, there is the potential for better color rendition.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

Longer life of the backlight is another major advantage. Also, there is the potential for better color rendition.

Nice, any other benefits?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    loungepoploungepop Posts: 71member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by compulsiveguile View Post

Nice, any other benefits?

I'm typing this on my brand new 2.4ghz 15.4" LED MacBook and the screen is amazing. I previously had a 17" MacBook Pro that was about 6 months old when it was stolen about 10 days ago. This screen seems brighter and crisper.. very very nice. I was torn because I wanted the 17" size but the LED feature made me to get the 15" and I'm so glad I did. I have it next to my 1 week old MacBook and the screen is noticeably brighter. I went with matte, bot glossy, which I also recommend to most people.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ooza227ooza227 Posts: 11member
    here are some new details on the new LED Macbook Pro