Apple?s ?iPhone ad slip up? reveals ?mystery app?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
See Illustrations

In every shot we have ever seen of the iPhone?s main menu thus far, there are 3 rows of icons for applications (2 rows of 4 icons, and the 3rd row has 3 icons) for a total of 11 icons.

However, there is an odd shot in the newly released ?How- To? iPhone ad, where the screen goes from the traditional 11 icon view, to a new 12 icon view.

The idea that the iPhone will add functionality and apps via software updates is nothing new; Apple has mentioned as much. However, you can clearly see that one moment the last row has three icons; ?calculator?, ?notes?,?settings??

And the next it has four ?clock?, ?calculator?, ?notes?,?settings?.

Apparently some mystery app has pushed the icons down 1 slot, but we cannot see what it is.

This brings us to 2 questions. First, what is the mystery app that has bumped all these apps down one spot? And second, why didn?t the editors of this commercial catch this lack of continuity between shots?

Since this is the most highly anticipated electronics launch in recent history, surely Apple must have known geeks like us with too much free time would scroll through the video frame by frame and catch something like this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ooza227 View Post

This brings us to 2 questions. First, what is the mystery app that has bumped all these apps down one spot? And second, why didn?t the editors of this commercial catch this lack of continuity between shots?

I hope it's a button that makes fart noises.

I don't see why they would edit this given that the release is less than a week away. They're not actually giving any information away except that there is one more app. It also gets more people talking about the iphone and thank god for that because there's not enough about the iphone going around already if you ask me.

Maybe it's some games thing. That might be integrated on the ipod side but I'd imagine quick access to that would be more desirable.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I hope it's a button that makes fart noises.

I don't see why they would edit this given that the release is less than a week away. They're not actually giving any information away except that there is one more app. It also gets more people talking about the iphone and thank god for that because there's not enough about the iphone going around already if you ask me.

Maybe it's some games thing. That might be integrated on the ipod side but I'd imagine quick access to that would be more desirable.

It is a button that goes right to Steve's desk if you have an issue with your phone...

Ps marvin the phone comes out on June 29th.. I wish I had your calender for the week away..