Apple launches "Major in Mac" back-to-school promo

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

So if this means new iPod Nanos....then I would imagine they will get the new 8 GB and 16 GB drives....if that's the case, might we see the iPhone with 8 GB and 16 GB as well? Would be rather silly for the iPod nano to have more memory than the iPhone.... \

After all when Steve was asked about any uknown features about the iPhone prior to launch he did decline to comment....

It wouldn't be silly. While memory is coming down in price, it's still expensive. The phone is a much more complex device than an iPod, and therefor costs a good deal more. Doubling the flash would just bring the price up another $100.

Also, don't rush to the conclusion that Nano's will go to 8 and 16. If they go up anytime soon, it may be to 6 and 12.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I hope I can save the money to get a new mbp and a free ipod by the end of the summer, but damn I already have so much to spend it it on. (school, getting a car, new tv, redoing my place) And I just used this friggin deal last year to get a CDMBP! Apple stuff is more addictive than crack cocaine.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Apple stuff is more addictive than crack cocaine.

Then it's good you only have to feed it every year or three, rather than every day.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

Anytime within the two week return period you can take your receipt back into the store and either get a price adjustment, or have the computer "returned" (only on paper - just to get both items onto the same receipt for purposes of the rebate) and "repurchased" while picking up a new iPod as well. Shouldn't need the computer to do any of this. Just the receipt with the Serial and model numbers of the MacBook and you also need the same credit card you used before so that the return/repurchase can be done.

Hope this helps.

Awesome! Thanks--I had checked their return policy online, and thought I'd have to pay a 10% restocking fee. Thanks for the tip--I'm going back tomorrow.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    kman79kman79 Posts: 12member
    This isn't an online offer only is it? I start nursing school this fall (August), and I plan on walking into an Apple store and purchasing a 15 inch MBP with the student discount in the next two weeks. I do not yet have my School ID since the Nursing program does not start for me until August, do I need to show them a school ID to get the Education Discount? That might be a problem since I don't get my ID until classes start or very soon before it. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Our Apple store (Orlando) requires you to show your student ID card (and your driver's license and provide school zip code). You can buy them online easier, by just clicking off on the student disclaimer type notice.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

Anytime within the two week return period you can take your receipt back into the store and either get a price adjustment, or have the computer "returned" (only on paper - just to get both items onto the same receipt for purposes of the rebate) and "repurchased" while picking up a new iPod as well. Shouldn't need the computer to do any of this. Just the receipt with the Serial and model numbers of the MacBook and you also need the same credit card you used before so that the return/repurchase can be done.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, crentist--worked just like you said.