People and Things I Hate

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

In emails the quoted information should be at the bottom and the reply at the top. Who wants to sift through stuff you've already read just to get the the new stuff (nobody). In a forum, it's far better to have the quoted information at the top to remind people what the reply is referring to due to the chaotic nature of a thread.

Totally agree.
  • Reply 62 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

The other day I saw a woman riding a horse talking on a cell phone.

or

Actually, it's more like the people that you just know have no reason to be on their phone. It's the people who look like they don't have two cents to rub together much less own a cell phone. But it's not just them...it's people like the teacher I may have mentioned. She's always on her phone on the way into school. There can't be a reason for that. An my one colleague...her phone goes off during in-service like 15 times a day...no joke. It's always her kids or husband too. It's like...seriously...can you not call when Mom is at work to ask her what to get for dinner? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Reply 63 of 71
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

The other day I saw a woman riding a horse talking on a cell phone.

And in what language was the horse conversing?
  • Reply 64 of 71
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    The only people I've seen break phone etiquette in the past few years have been pretty exclusively non-american, but during those rare times I go out to the burbs there still seems to be a lot of erratic driving when people are on the phone.

Hell, text, IM and in-person meetings are basically supplanting phones here in chicago. I rarely even bother getting phone numbers anymore. \
  • Reply 65 of 71
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

And in what language was the horse conversing?

Thanks for the laugh.