Boot Camp 1.3 beta adds new drivers, Apple remote pairing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    I'm just waiting for them to enable double-tap clicking and tap-dragging under windows with my MacBook's trackpad.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eAi View Post

Jobs has said many things that turn out to be misinformation. I'd almost go as far to say that if Jobs says something won't be in a product, it probably will be Most companies say "no comment" or avoid questions, Apple frequently lies outright.

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, I'm sure people here can though

Interesting that you say that and yet can't think of one example. I would imagine that we all have said things that we thought were true at the time and changed our minds later, but to suggest that we lied is quite contentious.

As such, I say that everything you have to say is a friggin lie. And that you are an outright lier, and yet I have no proof except this one posting. How do you like that as your moniker?

Perhaps you should have replied with, "No comment," or better yet avoided this session altogether.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    Adding support for S-vide would be the best update ever.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by __mø View Post

I know quite a few video artists that were miffed at the lack of s-video support in the last version of bootcamp. Can anyone verify if this has been resolved?

• Reply 24 of 39
    macztermaczter Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miggs97 View Post

So what's the speculation on the 'Major Enhancements' to Boot Camp that Leopard will feature?

I think it would be silly of apple to brand their own virtualization solution. But perhaps a quick sleep and reboot feature for both OS's that suspends and shuts down the OS almost instantly... then cube spins to the competing OS.

I was just thinking the exact same thing last night after being frustrated with the unusually long start up time for Parallels in relation to the time (about 5 minutes a day on a heavy use day) that I spend actually using the single application that requires the use of Windows in the first place.

This would be a great feature, especially assuming that it offered the same performance for the active OS that you would see if you were only running that single OS.

+1 for Parallels Running From Boot Camp Partition Club
  • Reply 25 of 39
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    I just downloaded Bootcamp from apple.com a few minutes ago and it's only 1.2. Where's 1.3? Have they removed it?

edit: nevermind, it seems the right version is up now.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    miggs97miggs97 Posts: 87member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maczter View Post

I was just thinking the exact same thing last night after being frustrated with the unusually long start up time for Parallels in relation to the time (about 5 minutes a day on a heavy use day) that I spend actually using the single application that requires the use of Windows in the first place.

Have you tried Parallels 3.0? I've found my boot times to be extremely fast as compared to 2.5. Everything seems to be very solid. Haven't tested out the 3D features however.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Quote:

Have you tried Parallels 3.0? I've found my boot times to be extremely fast as compared to 2.5. Everything seems to be very solid. Haven't tested out the 3D features however.

Yes, I'm using it on my MacBook and it seems faster. I've haven't tried the 3D drivers yet.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:

I gave up on Parallels the other day after a spontaneous crash (one of many) finally ended up corrupting some files I was working on. I'm hoping Apple comes out with a "quick switch" mode for Bootcamp.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

I gave up on Parallels the other day after a spontaneous crash (one of many) finally ended up corrupting some files I was working on. I'm hoping Apple comes out with a "quick switch" mode for Bootcamp.

I've been working with the latest version of parallels for a couple hours and already had a couple problems. I can't seem to get the VMs to stop without having parallels quit, which means I cannot edit the configurations and now one of my VMs seems to have frozen.
  • Reply 30 of 39
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The beta software, which will be included in Apple's upcoming Mac OS X Leopard operating system release, allows users of Intel-based Macs to install and run versions of rival Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating system. ? Apple last updated its Boot Camp beta in March when it added support for Windows Vista.

Is it true that Bootcamp only accepts Vista Ultimate and Windows XP? Which is a bummer because I'd like to install the cheaper Vista home premium instead
  • Reply 31 of 39
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    Not true, install any Vista. I installed the Business version with no problems.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    daffy_duckdaffy_duck Posts: 248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FrenchMac View Post

I think that the heart of what will make Leopard unique is elsewhere.

FrenchMac

Agree, and I'm perfectly content with that because I'm happy with the 3rd party solutions in this area.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    daffy_duckdaffy_duck Posts: 248member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

Did you try VMWare Fusion? I found Parallels 3 to be stupidly unstable on my MBP and Fusion Beta 4 has been great so far.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Firefox 2 wont install for me in 1.3

Now the OS X eject pop up happens, cool.

Now the OS X volume pop up happens, only problem is you can't hold down the up or down volume buttons, you must keep tapping them.

There's still a load of anomalies and compatibility problems with iMac hardware in Bootcamp, more work needs to be done, to say the least.

Also, support for Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse.

This one alone makes it worth for me.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Right about the fast restarts... wrong about the cube spin. Meh

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/.../bootcamp.html
  • Reply 36 of 39
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:

Right about the fast restarts... wrong about the cube spin. Meh

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/.../bootcamp.html

I'm wondering why they didn't mention this more. Loads of people wanted a hibernate mode in OS X and not just for use with Bootcamp.
  • Reply 37 of 39
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n3o View Post

Also, support for Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse.

This one alone makes it worth for me.

You should have a think about buying a real mouse.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I'm wondering why they didn't mention this more. Loads of people wanted a hibernate mode in OS X and not just for use with Bootcamp.

Let's hope it's one of the other 300 new features. Tiger (intel at least) already has a hibernate, but it's only in the case of a low battery.
  • Reply 39 of 39
    Hi,

I was wondering if bootcamp would support an install of win xp without service pack 1 or 2 and then just go to windows update and download the service packs I need or install them from a separate disk. Can anyone verify this? I've never used a mac but really want a macbook pro now that the updates have happened. And I have a windows xp disc that has been sitting around forever, but it is before the service packs came out. Thanks.

crispux3