Educational Discount available @ Apple.com, or are they offered at Storefronts also?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey guys, I'll be purchasing my first MBP in two weeks and I would like to take full advantage of the educational discount. I'll be starting my Nursing Program in August at a College in North Houston, I do not yet have my School ID and the Orientation was just this past Wednesday. I would like to go the Apple Store here in Houston at the Galleria Mall to purchase my MBP, but I'm wondering if me not having my College ID yet will cause me to not be eligible for the Educational Discount. I won't be issued a school ID until the term starts. I was wondering if anyone knew what required documents or ID do I need to bring with me to show I am enrolled? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I don't technically know, but I imagine they'll accept other forms of documentation that you're a student. An acceptance letter, or materials from your orientation may be acceptable. Just give your local apple store a call and I'm sure they'll let you know.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I don't technically know, but I imagine they'll accept other forms of documentation that you're a student. An acceptance letter, or materials from your orientation may be acceptable. Just give your local apple store a call and I'm sure they'll let you know.

The best way is to go to Apple's online store, selection the Education Store, find your school, and order it online. That way you can customize your MBP the way you want it. Free shipping in 1 to 3 business days.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kman79 View Post

I was wondering if anyone knew what required documents or ID do I need to bring with me to show I am enrolled? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

All that is needed for your education discount is for the Apple employee ringing you up at the register to put in the name of the school you attend and get your contact information (license number address, phone, email).

When I worked at a local Apple store, rare cases would have whatever employee worked with you have you load up your school email even and just give the OK to the cashier.

All you need is *something* that shows you're a student. Acceptance letters, student ID cards, transcripts, scholarship award letters, maybe even parking tickets!

Most Apple employees are cool about it.

MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR FREE iPOD AND ANY OTHER FREE-AFTER-REBATE ITEMS YOU WOULD LIKE. And for the record, I would defnitely take advantage of the educational discount you get on the AppleCare Protection Plan. Your discount is better than an Apple employee's.