*****iPhone*****

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
To what extent will Steve Jobs talk about the iPhone?

Third-Party Software developer kits?

Just briefly about ads and date and how this is going to be exciting for Apple?

In depth revealing new information and features?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The what now?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

The what now?

?????
  • Reply 3 of 12
    It was a joke, pretending ignorance of the device despite the onslaught of rumors, discussion, media blitzes, and so on ad nauseam. The thing isn't even out yet, and even I'm kind of tired of hearing about it.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

It was a joke, pretending ignorance of the device despite the onslaught of rumors, discussion, media blitzes, and so on ad nauseam. The thing isn't even out yet, and even I'm kind of tired of hearing about it.

Oh ok, I get it now. I was reading it with the wrong emphasis... if that makes sense.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    No worries. I just figure that, at this point, the only way I'm truly going to get wowed by it is if I just forget it exists. My father-in-law says that he looks forward to old age senility, in that he'll get to hide his own easter eggs. Now I know what he means.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Quote:

My father-in-law says that he looks forward to old age senility, in that he'll get to hide his own easter eggs. Now I know what he means.

That just made this thread worth it, 'cos otherwise.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    Some sort of geographical positioning system, I belive !

And maybe the 'missing button' is also related to that somehow...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    He'll talk about the new iPhone call feature, you pinch someone's name and they go ouch!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    If theres any kind of development announcment I think it will be an updated version of dashcode that lets people write simple widgets for the iphone. I think that will be the extent of 3rd party apps on the iphone for now..

I guess apple will announce somekind of extra google powered apps. I wish ichat worked with jingle google talks audio standard, as I think skype and google have said they will interoperate at some point in the future..
  • Reply 10 of 12
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Shouldn't we expect an iPhone SDK and an iPhone emulator of some kind for developers?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    I don't think the SDK is coming yet for the iPhone. Apple really has only opened the iPod platform to special developers, so I doubt that the iPhone will be opened to all developers now (or maybe ever...). I think the keynote will just have a short amount of time on the iPhone - maybe an announcement about a special event introducing it completely. If there is no SDK, it would be a sore point for developers to sit through a long discourse on it. However, any Apple product that is a big seller helps developers since there has to be a halo affect - it has to sell more Macs.

I hope I'm wrong on the SDK. If Apple gave developers an SDK and emulator for developing at least widgets on, I'm sure there will be a standing ovation.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    I think he will open with the iPhone but only talk briefly about how much they need to get it working just right on day on. That through the fact that iPhone delayed 10.5 will lead in to Leopard and beta talk.

and if I'm dreaming he'll announce Mobile Me which is a .mac replacement that allows you access to all your media/syncs all your documents on your iPhone (on the fly access), laptop (selected syncing) or desktop (fully synched all data) from their newly developed data centre.