What time/Where

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey, I am going to start making some plans for june 29. What are you guys going to do for the iPhone launch? Do you think people will camp out? I may go to my att/cingular or apple store at 7:00AM for a 9:00AM opening. Do you think this will be good enough to get an iPhone on day 1? Also Which would be a better bet, the apple store or the att/cingular store?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jbf13jbf13 Posts: 39member
    anyone?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nevenmrgannevenmrgan Posts: 240member
    You're not getting any answers because we're all tired of talking about this for weeks (if not months). We don't know what you best bet is. We don't know if your local store will have any and how quickly they'll sell out. Go as early as you can, if your Apple store doesn't have it, find the nearest AT&T store and try there. If both are sold out, try online. If that fails too, go back the next day.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbf13 View Post

Hey, I am going to start making some plans for june 29. What are you guys going to do for the iPhone launch? Do you think people will camp out? I may go to my att/cingular or apple store at 7:00AM for a 9:00AM opening. Do you think this will be good enough to get an iPhone on day 1? Also Which would be a better bet, the apple store or the att/cingular store?

This is one of those things where the east coast may very well set the pace for the rest of the country... With the 3 hour time difference people in the west will undoubtedly hear reports (if they exist) of people setting up camp out front of Apple/AT&T stores and if they do it will likely cause a domino effect. The places that will likely have camp out lines no matter what are the high profile Apple sites... San Fran being the most obvious one and perhaps major cities like NYC, Chicago, etc.

As for me... I'm far too wise (aka OLD) to be camping out on a cement sidewalk on a muggy summer night when I have a central air conditioned home and a Sharp Aquos HDTV to entertain me. Not to mention my wife would freak at that idea...

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    What about the 5th ave store that never closes .. How would that work.....
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jbf13jbf13 Posts: 39member
    Haha, it just so happen's i live right next to san francisco, Its not directly in san francisco but close. I think my 7:00AM plan is going to work alright. But now just what store? Apple or att/cingular?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sigs21 View Post

What about the 5th ave store that never closes .. How would that work.....

Hmmm excellent point.... I guess unless they do some kind of 'ceremonial locking of the door' a 'midnight madness' thing wouldn't really work like you'd expect it too...

Dave