So how is Photoshop 7.0?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Its been shipping for a little while I think. Anyone have it? Any first impressions? Yay or Nay?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by Falcon:

<strong>Its been shipping for a little while I think. Anyone have it? Any first impressions? Yay or Nay?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, if you're all hyped up about the heal tool...it'll disappoint you, but my concern was getting a native Photoshop, and for the $140 I paid to gain that capability, it was worth it.

It feels like Photoshop 6.0.x practically, which I suppose is unfortunate. It still feels ery much like a typical OS 9 app. I do expect the next major version update to bring a more refined OS X experience though.

Over-all the upgrade was definitely worth it because I jumped from 5.5 to 7.0...skipping 6.0. I've actually been upgrading in 1.5 version increments come to thing of it. 2.5 --&gt; 4.0 --&gt; 5.5 --&gt; 7.0. I suppose that means the next version I buy will be 8.5.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Basically there are not much groundbreaking *new* features in this release

Mostly are minor productivity "booster", when many of those minor stuff come together it turns out to be BIG

I too haven't really paid for upgrade for a long time (3 years I guess) and it's time for me to show some support (to both Apple and Adobe)

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 6
    It's a little sluggish in X, along with a lot of things in X. The biggest thing I never even thought about was filter support; your third party filters have to be carbonized to run in Photoshop 7 in X. I mainly use the Flaming Pear filters, but there are a few older filters I run ocassionally, and they aren't, and probably never will be, carbonized.

OS X support is a godsend though, I'm so happy
  • Reply 4 of 6
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I don't know about you guys, but I'd consider the new brush dynamics engine to be "groundbreaking", considering what we had before. Not to mention the custom tools palette, which basically gives you the ability to create your own toolbar.

Also, I've read nothing but good stuff about the Heal tool but I won't believe in it until it fixes some of *my* transparency scans.

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    The healing brush rocks.

I used that to touch up a photo that's taken sometime around 30s.

This thing (the healing brush) makes the job a lot easier
  • Reply 6 of 6
    steelwolfsteelwolf Posts: 34member
    I got PS 7 about a week ago... and I must say... it is incredible. WELL WORTH THE UPGRADE. Super fast, super sleek, super cool, super pretty... super... everything.

:eek: :eek: