irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    New iMac /goes all in.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Is it still covered?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    mattrebsmattrebs Posts: 74member
    I wonder what it can be???

New iMac, a Top Secret "Leopard" feature, iCrack (Apple reinvents the "stuff")

• Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MattRebs View Post

I wonder what it can be???

New iMac, a Top Secret "Leopard" feature, iCrack (Apple reinvents the "stuff")

hahaha
  • Reply 6 of 14
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Do we know what was under it yet? Did they keep it covered because someone dropped the only working Cube prototype at the door and it will take a while to redo it?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Do we know what was under it yet?

Sources tell me the banner was uncovered to show the new movie widget in Leopard. There are a stations around the banner with Apple Displays showing the new widget.

Man, oh, man, if I were a developer at the WWDC, I'd be stabbing people with the cafeteria plastic butter-knives, frustrated to have paid such an insane sum of money for nothing.

I'll say it because I know the devs are afraid to say it: "fuck you, Steve"
  • Reply 8 of 14
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

I'll say it because I know the devs are afraid to say it: "fuck you, Steve"

I dunno if you're being sarcastic but that's uncalled for. This is a developers conference, not MacWorld.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    That complaints about a crap WWDC are really funny. Sure, I'd have liked to see a shiny new iMac etc like everyone else, but to say that developers are pissed off is silly- I suspect that 99% of developers paid the fee to be there not so they could see some shiny new hardware (although it would have been a nice bonus), but so they can learn about new Leopard technologies and promote their products. In that respect, sounds like a good use for the $5000 fee or whatever it is.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    I'm definitely not talking about hardware...I'm talking about how WWDC 07 is almost an entire rehash of WWDC 06.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

I'm definitely not talking about hardware...I'm talking about how WWDC 07 is almost an entire rehash of WWDC 06.

But the fact of the matter is that people go because of the workshops. They know what many (if not all) of the workshops are going to be centered around, and will go for those. It's not that they don't take the keynote into consideration when deciding whether they're going or not, but it's not like that's the main focus for them. It may be the main focus for us, as the consumer, but WWDC is NOT for the consumer, it's for the developers. I'm really sick of people complaining that it didn't have anything for the consumer, because they didn't need to.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:

Sources tell me the banner was uncovered to show the new movie widget in Leopard.

You've got to be kidding me. They made a whole banner for a stupid widget? Did they cover it out of shame?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by G_Warren

That complaints about a crap WWDC are really funny.

As Kim Kap Sol said, it's not about the hardware but the Keynote. The Keynote speech hardly covered anything about what we wanted to hear in leopard - anything new at least. We were promised secret features and as far as I can tell, they haven't delivered any unless the stupid widget was it of course in which case it's pretty lame.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr.Jeff

I'm really sick of people complaining that it didn't have anything for the consumer, because they didn't need to.

But they did, that's the point - again I'm talking about the Keynote though. You're right the WWDC as a whole will offer devs the sessions but the keynote was clearly targeted at consumers with for example their segment on how ichat has changed the lives of families (1,2,3 aawwww). Developers don't care about that crap and neither do the majority of the people watching because the only reason we are watching is because we've been waiting and keeping up with the latest news and want more.

The point I think most people are expressing is that Leopard looks like it will be a good system but Steve didn't cover enough of the features that are of importance to developers. Most critically, he didn't give an idea about what state Leopard was in (perhaps the WoW unexpectedly quitting said it all).
  • Reply 13 of 14
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

(perhaps the WoW unexpectedly quitting said it all).

I think that was about when the Wow went from the keynote too! It was pretty crap from that point on!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    *rim shot*

But unfortunately seems to be true.

I wonder if the announcements for apps for iPhone being written in Web 2.0 is just a temporary solution to gain back popularity from critical people of no 3rd party software, until they can compile a good SDK, perhaps to launch with an aim on the 2G.