Poor bets placed on new iMacs at Apple's developer conference

Comments

• Reply 121 of 141
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    I just showed this to my wife. She agrees that it's totally impractical. I'm sure Apple will come up with something much better than I did.
  • Reply 122 of 141
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoganT View Post

You mean this.

Totally impractical.

Interesting, though I can think of a few improvements.
  • Reply 123 of 141
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

If a new aluminum iMac is coming soon, it might look something like this, compared with the existing white plastic model (24").

AW yeah, now that looks really nice. For me also, that's the best mock-up yet. Possibly a white Apple logo would stand out more but silver is good. That one just a couple of posts back is quite nice to but I don't like that it projects through the back. Surely it would be more like those auto-cue things people use during speeches.
  • Reply 124 of 141
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

AW yeah, now that looks really nice. For me also, that's the best mock-up yet. Possibly a white Apple logo would stand out more but silver is good. That one just a couple of posts back is quite nice to but I don't like that it projects through the back. Surely it would be more like those auto-cue things people use during speeches.

I like this one as well. I have never understood why people don't like the brushed metal look. I happen to be sad that it's disappeared from the desktop. I think it's much more attractive than the bland grey we have now.

As far as the one above goes, one of my improvements would have been to include a one way mirror layer in the rear. They have those that can be activated with a very small electrical current. When the computer turns on, it is activated, so that you can maintain privacy.
  • Reply 125 of 141
    logantlogant Posts: 60member
    Quote:

I just showed this to my wife. She agrees that it's totally impractical. I'm sure Apple will come up with something much better than I did.

The one you posted was great. You could actually fit a computer in that one.
  • Reply 126 of 141
    gooddoggooddog Posts: 93member
    Quote:

******************************http://forums.appleinsider.com/image.../1confused.gif

Not sure how that would work.

I don't know how to post jpegs here.

How is it done ?

I have a jpeg off the web showing the laptop I referred to.
  • Reply 127 of 141
    Well here goes my fist pic.

This is the laptop I want Apple to make ....

[IMG]www.engadget.com/2006/12/02/lg-debuts-ebook-concept-laptop-with-oled-screen-liquid-fuel/[/IMG]

AAAaaaRRRRRRGGGggggghhh!!!!!

OK, wabbits, make with the info .
  • Reply 128 of 141
    Hheellppp!!!!
  • Reply 129 of 141
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gooddog View Post

Hheellppp!!!!

Is this what you are trying to do?

• Reply 130 of 141
    Yes !!!!

So, how do you like it ????

Now, please, carbon unit, divulge the information to veeger .
  • Reply 131 of 141
    huerixhuerix Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zweben View Post

What would be the target market for a 30" iMac?

People who buy computers with 30" screens are, 99% of the time, not the type of people who want all-in-one computers with limited upgradability.

A 30" all in one computer is kind of stupid anyway. The point of an all in one is that it's compact. It's not going to be compact if it's 30" diagonally.

99% of the time? That is wrong, but I think you just pulled that one out of your arse.

Not compact compared to a tower? Pass what you're smoking over here!

Glad you don't work over there.

ps I still think we will see new models today. Well, I hope.
  • Reply 132 of 141
    Quote:

Hheellppp!!!!

lol you're stupid. you have to, for a windows user, right click on the pic and go to properties

and select the location of the picand then you use that link for putting an image.

tadaaa
  • Reply 133 of 141
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

lol you're stupid. you have to, for a windows user, right click on the pic and go to properties

and select the location of the picand then you use that link for putting an image.

tadaaa

You aren't exactly the pride of our community either, wiseguy.
  • Reply 134 of 141
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

No one knows. It could be a silent update (just specifications bump) with the existing design, which could happen anytime now, or a radical new design as the rumors predict from... January. This would happen only in a special event (Apple Expo at Paris for example).

imacs keep same form factor and get MBP specs within the next few weeks
  • Reply 135 of 141
    So no iMac update today. Does the iMac get a silent update like the MBP/MB oder do we have to wait for the next big event?
  • Reply 136 of 141
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stutenkerl View Post

So no iMac update today. Does the iMac get a silent update like the MBP/MB oder do we have to wait for the next big event?

No one knows. It could be a silent update (just specifications bump) with the existing design, which could happen anytime now, or a radical new design as the rumors predict from... January. This would happen only in a special event (Apple Expo at Paris for example).
  • Reply 137 of 141
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

tadaaa

Ssshhhhh !!!! I'm not a windoze user.

I tried to get a contextual menu : nada.

I have no idea of what your instructions mean:

I didn't get any such option on OSX Safari.

I think I need to know how to get the pics URL instead of the entire web site's.

What is a "picand" ?

Be mean to a doggie, and you will be re-incarnated as a big, red, fire hydrant.
  • Reply 138 of 141
    Quote:

Ssshhhhh !!!! I'm not a windoze user.

I tried to get a contextual menu : nada.

I have no idea of what your instructions mean:

I didn't get any such option on OSX Safari.

I think I need to know how to get the pics URL instead of the entire web site's.

What is a "picand" ?

Be mean to a doggie, and you will be re-incarnated as a big, red, fire hydrant.

I'll try again, and I will beat myself to death with a chair if I fail.

Thank goodness.

I just clicked on the pic to get it by itself in it's own window, noticed the URL was now pic specific, so I used it.

No chair then --- sorry.

I once nearly starved to death on an escalator : there was a power outage.
  • Reply 139 of 141
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stutenkerl View Post

Looks like I'll waste my vacation playing with some other toy.

Maybe I'll get an iPhone and pay Verizon off for my contract.

Q1 :

If I get an iPhone , will I be able to surf the net via my Airport 80211/g alone ? Or will that be crippled unless I activate the phone service with ATT ?

I'm thinking of letting my Verizon run out -- 03/08

Q2 :

Anybody hear of any discounts with service contract ?
  • Reply 140 of 141
    Brushed metal iMacs, lol. Guess someone was a little off there. Besides, do you know how UGLY brushed metal would be? Anodized aluminum like the iPod nano's would be awesome, but brushed metal a la Finder would be dreadful.