Launchbar..

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
..won't remember anything!

Everytime i quit it, then start it all my preferences, serial number and so on are reset do default.

This is really f***ing annoying, I tried to delete all the preferences and so on, still won't work..

Anyone know what to do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mithrasmithras Posts: 165member
    Fobie, have you run Disk First Aid? Boot from your Install disk and run Disk Utility.

(or do command-s at startup for the command-line version)
  • Reply 2 of 10
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    No, I haven't, I guess I could give it a shot but its only LaunchBar that behaves this way.

Is noone else having this problem?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fobie:

<strong>Is noone else having this problem?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have LaunchBar too, mine works perfectly. I don't know why LaunchBar struggles at your computer...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    always double posting...

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Well, niether do I.

I just made a freash install of MacOS X, so I have no idea why it won't work, it worked before.

I'll try e-mailing the author.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Fobie:

<strong>I'll try e-mailing the author.</strong><hr></blockquote>

do that, yes
  • Reply 7 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I'm gonna guess it's some type of permissions problem. Make sure that you have your permissions set properly on your preferences. Do this: go to versiontracker and download a program called Batchmod. Use it to change your permissions on everything in your Library folder to Owner R/W/X and what ever you want for the rest. Check the subfolders option too. I've found that whenever I've had a problem with things not remembering settings, the permissions got screwed up somewhere. HTH
  • Reply 8 of 10
    torifile: I'll do that do, but i prefer to do it "by hand" (Terminal), I accually never tought about the permissions since I find it obvious that the applications should be able to handle such things themself.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    edit: double post. How's that for the longest time between double posts? Gotta love never having to quit IE

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 10
    WOW! I just discovered LaunchBar today. This is the coolest utility I have seen in a long time. Apple should consider paying those guys a lot of money to integrate LB's functionality directly into the finder. It is a million dollar interface if I've ever seen one.