Keynote Script

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobBIT View Post

Could it be that the original post was in fact based on a real keynote presentation - albeit one that was scrapped last minute (or within the last few days)?

'QuickLook' is not a name someone would easily guess IMHO as it is too cheesy to even consider.

My point is that the list was based at least on some real facts someone had access too. Could be a developer who knew a few bits and simply inventing the rest.

Or it could be someone who was indeed helping with the preparation of the original keynote, which was then scrapped last minute.

I would guess the iphone@home is a real product which will be introduced at some point. It fits a lot of rumors: iPod remote for iTunes / Apple eBook reader / Apple tablet with multitouch / Apple sub-notebook with flash storage.

I can imagine that Apple would want to have a cool WiFi internet terminal. Obviously not only for home use, but anywhere WiFi's present. For such a device multitouch with a virtual keyboard makes a lot of sense.

We'll see if such a device pans out eventually.

I don't remember where, but I've heard "QuickLook" tossed around for some time now. And if I heard it, certainly the author of the "script" could have.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    max_naylormax_naylor Posts: 194member
    Are we to give this script any credence? Here it is copied and paste BTW:

Quote:

?\tGreetings

?\tSales figures and market share of the Macs

?\tApple net curtain:

?\tnew Retail store in Italy,

?\tfirst store on European mainland,

?\tnew stores will open shortly, among other things Munich, Barcelona, Paris

?\tiMac:

?\tCore2Duo selling great!,

?\tNew Generation,

?\tnew Design, which follows itself to iPhone, partly brushed metal

?\teven thinner,

?\tSanta rosa chip set,

?\tLED back light,

?\tSizes: 20 ? and 24 ?

?\tDemo new iMacs

?\tMac OS X:

?\tHistory, versions

?\tshort outline of the tiger features: Dashboard, Spotlight, etc.

?\tnew features in leopard:

?\tnew Mail (with collecting mains, ToDos, Notes),

?\tnew Spotlight (network scan, performance improved, etc.),

?\tnew standard file system ZFS,

?\tnew front Row (2.0),

?\tnew iCal (with CalDAV, ToDos, etc.),

?\tParental control,

?\tNew Photobooth (2.0),

?\tResolution Independence,

?\tnew standardized Look of all Mac OS X applications

?\tbeen based on resolution Independence

?\tcore contains animation (Icons, animations in Time Machine, Dashboard, spaces, etc. animated)

?\tnone brushed metal more

?\tmany black shining Elemen (Illumonous)

?\tTime Machine,

?\tQuicklook, (unknown application)

?\tnew safari feature (new search, Dashboard integration, etc.),

?\tMultiple Dashboards (Dashboard for user specify, Dashboards administer, etc.),

?\tSpaces,

?\tiChat theatre (integration in applications, drop of baking, etc.)

?\tFinder reloaded (easily changed, improves performance, new Buttons),

?\tnew ToDo application (and administers all ToDos from all applications collects)

?\tDemo new leopard feature

?\t.mac, iLife 07, iWork 07:

?\tnew.mac release with smooth Google integration, but in the Apple Look,

?\t.mac services all on Google basis,

?\t.mac free of charge with each bought Mac,

?\tnew handling on-line documents,

?\tiDisk integration in Finder,

?\tall documents can be worked on and administered also on-line with Google applications,

?\tnew Spreadsheet software in iWork ?Charts?

?\tDemo new packages and .mac

?\tGuest appearance Eric Schmidt (Google CEO)

?\tiPhone:

?\tnew secret features:

?\tiWork and iLife integration,

?\t.mac integration (iDisk access, Mail, documents on-line, etc. work on)

?\tDemo new features

?\tiPhone accessories, prices

?\tDemo accessories

?\tavailable in US Apple (without contract) and (with contract) net curtain, prices at&t

?\tEurope as promised in the autumn

?\t?That' s it, but there' s one more thing?, new product ?iphone@home?:

?\t10 ? multitouch screen,

?\t30 GB Flash memory,

?\tiPhone user surface,

?\t8 hours of battery,

?\tno connections except dock Connector,

?\tresemble functions as iPhone, except mobile phone, but iChat

?\tintegrated iSight

?\tDemo iphone@home

?\tThe End

By the look of it, it could be genuine, but seems maybe a tad overloaded. Here?s a brief summary of all purported hardware/software updates:

? iMac update

? Leopard demo (but we know this will happen)

? .Mac

? iWork + iLife ?07

? iPhone accessories

? iphone@home

Let the over-the-top hyper-speculating begin... only nine and a half hours to go!
  • Reply 2 of 27
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    new iMacs,
  • Reply 3 of 27
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'm going to abandon my own thread since this one got here first.

As I said, I think the "iPhone@home" thing doesn't make much sense, and that makes the whole thing pretty sketchy, imo.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    docpregodocprego Posts: 54member
    Give me a break. Do you think Apple will keep EVERYTHING secret for months only to leak the entire story the night before? This is blatantly and absolutely FAKE FAKE FAKE.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by docprego View Post

Give me a break. Do you think Apple will keep EVERYTHING secret for months only to leak the entire story the night before? This is blatantly and absolutely FAKE FAKE FAKE.

Yes, but it's something to look at while we whittle down those last few hours fake, so in that sense it's a public service.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    It seems to be detailed in the areas which would seem to be common sense, and sketchy in all the unknown speculative areas.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

It seems to be detailed in the areas which would seem to be common sense, and sketchy in all the unknown speculative areas.

Yep. And the combination of "this is the script" and "something something something" doesn't bode well.

Either they got a leaked copy of a script or not, nobody is passing around vague recapitulations of the script that they made from memory that might fall into the wrong hands.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    Must be a six-hour speech!

Really, would iLife updates be covered at WWDC? That's not what developers, in general, are interested in, is it?
  • Reply 9 of 27
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    It is fake. There are many things which are more than suspicious here. Just one of them: if ZFS is announced as a default system, there is no way it will be just mentioned between some of the standard apps.

It is no way a WWDC keynote. It was an attempt to make a fake one following the MacWorld pattern.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    iPhone@home = TubePort

Whoever got briefed about those has leaked and will be seeing a P45 in double quick time.
  • Reply 11 of 27
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    It's most certainly fake. For too many reasons for me to bother going into at the moment.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

iPhone@home = TubePort

Whoever got briefed about those has leaked and will be seeing a P45 in double quick time.

Apple TV made "TubePort" a non-starter.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    *** CONFIRMED ***

I mean... FAKE.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Fake all the way....

ZFS will NOT NOT NOT become the 'default file system' for OS X. Period, end of sentence.

Do you really think Apple would pull a tried tested and very reliable FS and replace it lock stock and barrel with a filesystem that.

- Has LESS than ZERO track record on OS X

- Has NEAR ZERO track record on Suns own OS (last I saw they couldn't boot with!)

Hey I'm all for OS X having ZFS as an **AVAILABLE** filesystem and I'm sure I'd give it a go... but would I trust it with irreplaceable data? Ummm no not today (or even in the Fall). Its a brand new FS the platform and 'almost new' FS to UN*X in general.

Making ZFS the default... that would be FUNNY!

Dave
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Fake all the way....

ZFS will NOT NOT NOT become the 'default file system' for OS X. Period, end of sentence.

Do you really think Apple would pull a tried tested and very reliable FS and replace it lock stock and barrel with a filesystem that.

- Has LESS than ZERO track record on OS X

- Has NEAR ZERO track record on Suns own OS (last I saw they couldn't boot with!)

Hey I'm all for OS X having ZFS as an **AVAILABLE** filesystem and I'm sure I'd give it a go... but would I trust it with irreplaceable data? Ummm no not today (or even in the Fall). Its a brand new FS the platform and 'almost new' FS to UN*X in general.

Making ZFS the default... that would be FUNNY!

Dave

I'm gonna be laughing my ass off afterwards when it happens. Apple has been working on Leopard for like over a year all out. You think if they throw enough resources at it they cant make it work. I'm almost positive that you're full of it.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacSuperiority View Post

I'm gonna be laughing my ass off afterwards when it happens. Apple has been working on Leopard for like over a year all out. You think if they throw enough resources at it they cant make it work. I'm almost positive that you're full of it.

I'm sorry but its commonsense, who in their right mind would rip out a fully functioning filesystem and replace it with a filesystem that hasn't even boot-able on the FS creators OWN OS?!?! Hell I'm all for ZFS but it just doesn't make sense to install it as the default FS... Hell shouldn't it have some IN THE REAL WORLD testing first?

If Steve actually does it you can laugh all you want cause I'll be too busy "staring out into space shocked" to even care.... The same reaction many developers will have too... Hell, those guys get nutsy whenever you simply bring up changing the way the FS deals with case sensitivity, could you imaging telling them the whole default OS is going away and being replaced with a FS that has ZERO track record??!?!. No gradual transition, its just going to happen overnight?!

Think what you like... but sorry, I just don't think so...

Dave
  • Reply 17 of 27
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    Remember how Apple introduced Journaling? It was available on Server first, with no interface to format with journaling or enable in the client. You could do this from terminal - but that is for those who are supposed to know what they are doing. It was enabled in 10.3.something release.

ZFS is much more than adding Journaling. Bit I do believe that it will be supported on 10.5. Bootable - very unlikely, but supported - yes. As a last resort, they will enable it at some later 10.5.x version. Without ZFS, time machine sucks.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Remember how Apple introduced Journaling? It was available on Server first, with no interface to format with journaling or enable in the client. You could do this from terminal - but that is for those who are supposed to know what they are doing. It was enabled in 10.3.something release.

ZFS is much more than adding Journaling. Bit I do believe that it will be supported on 10.5. Bootable - very unlikely, but supported - yes. As a last resort, they will enable it at some later 10.5.x version. Without ZFS, time machine sucks.

Hey we're on the same page... ZFS **will** (almost assuredly) be in 10.5 final - heck it's in the developer build now, I see no reason they'd drop it (so long as it works that is)...

MacSuperiority is under the impression that it will become the DEFAULT FS - There's quite a big difference from 'supporting a filesystem' and using said FS as your default. A default FS isn't something you go changing at the drop of a hat it's something that's eased into (when at all possible).

Dave
  • Reply 19 of 27
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    I think that if the document is real, then iphone@home might be a feature that will allow the iPhone to work as an VOIP device when at home or some other Wifi connection is available. AT&T might be resistant to this, but perhaps if it was limited to specific locations, i.e. home, they would accept it.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    iPhone@home would probably developing for the iPhone, @home (right?)